Friday, June 27, 2008

Yertle the Turtle


Here is a picture of a frequent visitor (for about 2 months now) to our front porch. We have named him/her (not sure which) Yertle. It is funny because you never know when you open our front door if Yertle will be there. We have even had to go out the back door and around to the front and move him because we couldn't get the glass storm door open, he was sitting to close to it...lol. As you can see we feed him a few bites of dog food to go with the bugs he likes to eat. We think he is living in our front flower bed, dug down under a pile of leaves that is still in it. Anyway, we just love seeing Yertle whenever he decides to make an appearance. He is our "wild" little friend.

1 comment:

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Darlene, I see you have a turtle too! Mine is a desert turtle and yours looks different. Ours was given to us a couple of years ago. I just love Charlie, but I recently found out, Charlie is really a Charlene....
I was told Charlie is around 40+ years old. He is very much domesticated. He lives on our 3 acres and during the winter he hibernates in the garage. Everyday he comes to our back door begging for carrots and cabbage. When he sees me in the garden working he follows me around until I feel guilty and I go get him some vegatables.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It was nice meeting you!