Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chirp....Chirp

Well, as I told you in yesterday's post I was off to Dollar Tree to find the "famous" ugly ceramic birdies. Kimba has spray painted them, and I ended up on HeathahLee's Butterfly Genes blog and she had painted some of them, and by golly I wanted to paint them too.........

And wow, they are even uglier than I would have thought - they have this kind of crackled paint and it just looks dirty and the eyes and beaks aren't even painted right. I am not sure how Kimba (though by now we all know she is a genius) saw past their looks and knew that spray paint would transform them.


Here is the flock in their cardboard box nest.....getting their primer and their glossy spray paint........

Now LOOK...oops shouting again.....look at them in all their glossy splendor. Can you tell I am excited??? Yes, I have to admit, spray paint is my new best friend!!!


Check back with me tomorrow to see all my thrift store finds.........


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

they turned out so good

Kimba said...

Ahhhhh!!!! It's a bird painting revolution! I love it!

Songbirdtiff said...

Spray paint is the best invention EVER!

Jeanne said...

I think those birds are so cute. So much more then a dollar. I bet you had fun too.

Jeanne

Jill Scott said...

Ha ha. I love your shouting comment. I used to use all caps A LOT to try to emphasize words and somewhere along the way I've switched to italics. Seriously though, when we talk we emphasize words, so how else can we do it when writing? :)

Picket said...

Hey friend..gotta love that spray paint!!! They turned out great! Thanks so much for coming by the blog and for the sweet comment..I really appreciate it...take care and I hope you have a fantastic Friday!!!!

GardenJoy4Me said...

Darlene .. there is always something worthwhile hiding in the "Dollar Store" girl !
Love the birds .. they are looking fresh and sweet .. hum .. sounds like baked goods ? haha
I have winter projects all the time .. like painting the kitchen again .. painting accent walls in the bedrooms .. the list is LONG and I haven't even finished with the garden yet ?... I have to go lay down .. I got so tired thinking of the "to DO" list again ! hahaha
Joy

Shannon said...

These look awesome!! I'm with you...I don't know how she thought past the ugliness. I'm glad she did though because those look great!

Caren said...

Those are super cute! Spray paint is my new best friend too!

HeathahLee said...

I have been scouring Dollar Trees all over trying to find those birds! Your flock is too cute! I need to get busy on mine. Kimba never knew what she was starting, did she?