Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oops I Did It Again......

Spray painted that is......
Since I have learned you can spray paint virtually anything, my eyes are always looking for my next want. I cleaned out my china cabinet and want to go to mostly white/cream treasures. These were two large pieces that I thought would work perfectly. Look at them, no wonder there was a whole shelf full of this stuff that had been there forever.

Notice the price, no way, I paid $2.00 each for these.

Voila.....I spray painted them to glossy white perfec...imperfection. Oops, I forgot to sand the bottom of the server....notice the little bumps in the paint where it kind of bubbled. I figure it will end up peeling eventually and I'll just do it right the next time. The rest of the pieces were sanded and did just fine. These are just for decoration, I won't use them but I thought they came out just fine.

Here are the treasures in my china cabinet. I can't wait to finish finding just the right pieces to finish out the bottom. (Excuse the glass that looks so smeared, as I wiped it, and wiped it and it still photographs this way...you really can't see all the streaking here). I would love to see other people's china cabinet and see what is in them. Oh, and by the way, see my little birds I showed you in another post on the next shelf up to the left.

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi! These look great!! I have never tried this but I just might!! I'm going to be posting my china cabinet in a couple of days but you can go to my very first post and see it too. :)

veryberrynice said...

Darlene,

I've tagged you. Come look at my blog when you get a chance.

The china cabinet is looking good with your new white/cream dishes.

Brandee :-)

At Home Redesigns said...

Very nice. I love the simplicity of the white...

DebbieCalif said...

Great job on the spray painting, I have been spray painting everything too from thin silver platters, to plates, to wooden bowls, frames, clothespins. You should visit me, I just did a clothespin memo board that I went spray painting crazy on! Loved your posts and pictures!
Blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

Tricia Anne said...

I love your painting job!! And your pieces in your hutch just demand attention. :o) What a fabulous idea! I am letting my mats dry, I spray painted them! I did not know that you could do that and I saw where The Notes Of A Cottage Industry painted hers and with my frames black now, I thought "Here goes nothing!" They are really looking nice. Thanks for dropping by. Please visit again!! ~Tricia Anne

HeathahLee said...

Those look terrific! I have a ceramic basket that I loved the design but hated the color so I sprayed away...it's so pretty now! And you know all about those birds...:)

I just checked out your post about them and left a comment there, too.

Dollar Tree is going to be wondering what in the world is going on with those birds!

Jill Scott said...

Nice job. I recently bought my first ever china cabinet and I've started looking for things to put in it. Great way to do it without breaking the budget.

Kitty Scraps said...

Hello Darlene,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

Great job on the spray painting! Is it really that easy? LOL I'm going to start watching for some uglies I can beautify with a little spray. Did you use white flat or gloss? Looks great whichever you used and I love your china cabinet!

Kitty Scraps said...

oops I just reread it, you said glossy, will the cheapo Wally paint work or do you have to use Krylon?

Kimba said...

Oh my! Love it! You would never guess that they weren't made that way. Perfection!

Bella said...

OMGosh, I have just discovered spray painting...and you have given me even more inspiration! lol They look awesome! I swear one day I am going to spray paint the cat and kids if they get in my way...haha ;)

new every morning said...

You are so brave to try spray paint on ceramic ... I wouldn't have thought of that.

I'm going to be looking for some 'ugly' ceramic to spray paint. Can't wait!!!

Kathleen Grace said...

These look great! I would have never in a million years thought of spray paintng dishes! Thanks for visiting my blog, it's great to meet new friends:>)

Jackie said...

Isn't it funny what a can of spray paint can do??? I'm the same way. lol. They look great!
Blessings,
Jackie