Friday, July 18, 2008

Painted Pretties...

Here are my three items I decided to work on first. Of course, Lucy was nowhere to be seen until *click* the picture is snapped. All of a sudden, she had to come check out what I was doing.
Here they are spray painted black. The basket was just one I had around the house that I never use. I like it in black. As I have said, I am on a black or white spray painting spree.

Can you see a problem with my kitchen table??? I know of one I want, but depending on the money situation this one may need to be an upcoming project. Now I just have to figure out what to put with these pretties and how to display them. Sure wish some of the favorites I have (that have been showing all the beautiful pictures of their homes) were going to be traveling to Oklahoma..........

9 comments:

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Darlene, wow, what a difference painting them black made! They look great!

Tricia Anne said...

Love ... Love ... Love ... the items that you painted black! What a nice job you did! Little Lucy is precious! I love the bows! I realized that I had not answered your question about the table that I have on my blog. Yes, I actually did spray paint it black. I was surprised at how fast of a project it was. I am working on a large dresser, but it is very heavy. It is solid. I primed the drawers and want to prime the dresser ... soon. However, where I live, we are in our rainy season and there is no way that I can haul that big thing outside on my own and race the rain clock. That is another reason that I am trying to get all of my smaller painting projects done now. I can do those rather quickly and even let them finish drying indoors.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I was fully expecting to see these painted white and so when I saw black I was taken back. They look awesome in black! Great job. I'm going to have to start thinking about black now rather then everything in white.

Hugs,
Joanne

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Darlene,
Love your bargain stuff...and it looks great painted black! It feels good to get a bargain doesn't it?

Vanessa Greenway said...

Lovely Pink ballerina!! And I also love your painting job. I love painting everything around the house! xo Vanessa

Susie Harris said...

Looks great painted black! Susie h~

Nicol said...

They look great painted. Don't you just love Hobby Lobby!

Libby said...

Black is so elegant. I'm sure I will be going through many a can in our new house. Can't wait to see what you do with you things.

Keep the creativity rolling!
libby

Monkey's Momma said...

I have really enjoyed browsing your blog. Your little girl is a doll! So is that silly Lucy, curious dog that she is. I can tell that you and I would get along great! I like looking at your bargains. I have blogged about mine too. I am going to put you on my blogroll if that's okay.