Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rooster Love and IDHTBPTBB.....

The first thing I had to look at in my Sunday's paper was the Hobby Lobby sales of the week.....and metalware was one of the categories at 50% off. I couldn't wait to get there because I was going to get one of those wire holders that Susie says she changes out for the seasons....seashells, pumpkins, ornaments, etc. Susie, I am really not copying you just flattering you....right??? And yes, I did get a couple of those, but I fell in LOVE with these roosters!! Are they just the cutest on top of this re-purposed armoire?? I left the basket in the back because it holds our phone books and I frankly like the way it looks, though it may eventually move.
And lookey....I did one of those crooked photos....like all the pros.....ha ha!! Anyway, this armoire is in the kitchen and the top of it serves as a pantry because our built in pantry is just tiny. The bottom holds all our board games, some school supplies, paper, mostly misc. Lexi items. Do you notice something on the bottom door??? We got this for a steal because obviously someone tried to do something and either didn't like it or it wasn't turning out the way they wanted. But, I don't even really notice it anymore....it just adds more character to me and IDHTBPTBB....right? I'm sure everyone knows by now that is Nester's phrase "It Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Beautiful".

15 comments:

Marie said...

CUTE roosters! Great find, for sure. Don't you love Hobby Lobby? I wish my "local" store was about 30 miles closer to where I live. :o)

I am getting quite the list of bloggers I'd like to "flatter" (ha ha) and Susie is on that list!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I do the same thing! Hobby Lobby ad of course! I am excited that paper mache boxes are 1/2 price this week. I like your roosters. I like the basket behind them. I agree with you, it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful and besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is a lot more pretty in that piece than is not so enjoy it. Hope your day is great! Twyla

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Love the roosters. I came back to tell you to check out the mantel at Laughter By Lakeside. It is different than any I have seen lately and beautiful.

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Darlene,
I think your roosters are adorable!

And imitation is the best form of flattery...so I think Susie will be honored!

It's nice to meet you and thanks for posting on my blog and Kelli's!

The Berry's Patch said...

Darlene,

It looks great. See you are becoming the decorating diva. You go girl!

Shelia said...

Hi Darlene! Oh, I'm loving those metal roosters you've found! They're just precious and you've put them in the perfect spot. I love your armoire and I'm like you - it's beautiful. No, those little shops were in League City. I do love Spring and haven't been in some time either.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia oh, where do you live?

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Love that you have a beautiful armoire in your kitchen! That is fantastic! The roosters look great up there and I think the basket fits in well. Cute idea for storing your phonebooks.

~ Sarah

thestonerabbit said...

What a great idea to put an armoire in your kitchen for beauty (and it is a beauty) and function. Your birds looks pretty "cocky" (couldn't help it) atop that armoire and I do like your grouping of the basket and ivy. Did I miss the metal basket you were "flattering" about? I like items that you can change out easily for the seasons, too. Dana

HeathahLee said...

Love the roosters! And I love the fact that you got that armoire (is that how you spell it?) cheap! I'd love to find a steal like that!

DebbieCalif said...

Hi Darlene, what a great find with the Roosters. Everything looks wonderful. I know what you mean about Susie, she is high on the list of making me want to run out and go get something to add!!!
Blessings, Debbie
ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I also forgot have you been back to Kari & Kisja's site for the mantels that they showed in June. That would be a good place to get some different ideas too. Have a good evening.

Joy said...

I love a good HobLob find! And they're sitting on top of a nice piece of furniture too.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Ahh we don't have hobby lobby up here yet. All you gals that do are sooo lucky. I love your roosters..great finds! Thanks for coming by and visiting me! cherry

chelle's winks said...

My Aunt would love that red rooster...she is a huge Carolina Gamecosk fan....

They look great on top your armoire

Susie Harris said...

Oh girlfriend... I think we need to start our own club... I am so wanting to go today but just dont have the get up and go... maybe tommorow... I hear it's calling my name... So glad to see that you got some of those wire baskets. Trust me, you wont be sorry. They are so much fun during holidays, smiles.... Susie h~