Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Squirrel Fun


Well, I just had to take a picture of this squirrel yesterday afternoon. Lucy (the wild pup) was barking and barking when I let her out to do her bathroom duty. I started watching and here was this squirrel, and its friends, giving her the business. You know what they do to dogs; up the tree, down the tree, peek around the tree, get on the ground and run to another tree, chase each other and chatter up a storm. Lucy was having a blast, as she thought the squirrels were playing with her, and had found some new best friends. I'm not so sure the squirrels thought that though. Lucy was exhausted after playing with her new friends, came in from playing, and took a long afternoon nap. It was so much fun to watch.

4 comments:

Songbirdtiff said...

How cute. I just love to watch squirrels.

Susie Harris said...

What a cute little story. Bet cha the little squirrel wasnt laughing, hehe... Smiles, Susie H~

Anne Fannie said...

Our dogs torment the poor squirrels here. Well, I shouldn't really say poor squirrels, they eat all my garden vegatables down to nubs....I really don't like them. But yours looks cute because its in your yard!

Joanne Kennedy said...

How cute! I love squirrels. They are so fun to watch as they run around. I like to feed them too from my hands.

I would love to see your dog "playing" with his new "friends". I bet that would be so funny.

Hugs,
Joanne