Friday, July 11, 2008

Thrift Store Finds

I went to a thrift store and a Habitat for Humanity store and I wanted to show you my goodies that I found.
There are five hardback Christmas and decorating books, one Casserole Cookbook, one paperback for a fun read, three doors from a cabinet that had speakers in them (those are already getting worked on in a project), some chalkboard paint (no, not spray paint but I am willing to give it a try), some egg shaped knobs, eight small plates, a small bowl and a bird (I am on the hunt for white accessories for my china cabinet), and a small stool to re-do. Anyway, the best part is ~ guess what I paid for all of this??................ $7.00.....YEP, you read it right, a whole $7.00. In my book you can't beat that.

12 comments:

Rose said...

As my husband would say, you are my kind of shopper!

Mrs. Trixi said...

You did great and your little birds below look wonderful. I can't wait to see where you put them.

Songbirdtiff said...

You got all that for $7?! You are one heck of a bargain shopper, good job!!!

Deb said...

Thanks for stopping by. I can see you love to thrift as well. It is always so much fun to see how you can transform things to fit your home. Someone else's trash turns into our treasures.

I think I need to go get some of those birds. Don't you just love spray paint?

mystele said...

hi, darlene! thank you so much for coming by! and, you just helped me figure out what i'm doing in just a few minutes...going to the habitat store! i just found one nearby and keep forgetting to go there! so excited!

veryberrynice said...

I need to find some decorating Christmas books. I go mad decorating for Christmas. Looks like you got a lot of great stuff for $7.00. I never luck out like that.

Brandee :-)

Susie Harris said...

SCORE!!!! What sweet finds you found... I bet your little mind is working overtime now... Have a great weekend! Susie H~

Joanne Kennedy said...

There is nothing like a great day of thrift store shopping when you come home with great finds and money still in your pocket.

Hugs,
joanne

Kari & Kijsa said...

Great shopping!! You scored!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

thestonerabbit said...

I just love thrifty shopping and you just pulled off a bunch of "thriftiness" with that haul! I love those books and dishes! Have fun with your treasures.

Shannon said...

Unbelievable!! I can't believe you got all that for seven dollars! I love the plates!

paintinpatti said...

oh, I love birds - maybe our dollar store has them, too! Spray paint... hmmm... I never thought of that. You did great thrifting, too!