Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Award

I am so excited to receive this award from one of my newer blogging friends Nancy from Southern Lady . If you don't know her or haven't visited her....go take a look around. She has a beautiful home, shares recipes and yard sale finds and is just a delightful person. Thank you so much Nancy.
For this award I am to list six things that make me happy.
  1. My family and friends
  2. My animals
  3. Coffee with fat free hazelnut creamer
  4. Reading other blogs
  5. Mexican Food
  6. Shopping

I now am supposed to pass this award on to five more people and they are supposed to post on their blog who it came from and pass it along to five other people.

  1. Dawn from Dawn's Daybreak - She always has an uplifting, fun blog and I always enjoy reading what she has to say....she is also a teacher, she knits beautifully and she always shows beautiful pictures each Friday.
  2. Gretchen from Bird Nest Cottage - Gretchen is a very new blogging friend. I just love her blog. She shows her home and shares her life with us and she is just such a great blogging friend to me already always ready with a sweet comment.
  3. Robin from The Robin's Nest - Robin is also a new blogging friend. She shares amazing photos of hummingbirds and also many animals. She also does tutorials on crafts. I just love her blog.
  4. B.J. from BJ's Corner - This is Robin's mom and she paints the most amazing pictures. She also does tutorials....the last one on a moss topiary. She has not been blogging long but she has a great one.
  5. Kitty Scraps from A Bit of Fluff, Quite Messy Really... - She has such a fun blog. She is always showing us her crafts, yard sale or HL sale items (yes, she works at Hobby Lobby how cool is that), she also has a lovely home which she is showing us. She is also going to show us later this year how to properly "fluff" our trees. How cool is that!

Anyway, I love all of these blogs and always enjoy visiting them.....I hope you will visit them too.
And again, thank you Nancy!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Thank you Darlene! And thanks for the kind words about my blog. I like coming to yours as well.

take care,
Dawn

Gretchen said...

Darlene,

Thank you for the award. I know I'm so glad to have found you and you blog and will enjoy getting to know you better as time goes on.

Gretchen

B J's Corner said...

Hi Darlene,
I'm still very new at this blog thing. So I have no idea about awards and how they are picked up. It's 6:00am here and I sure Robin would not appreciate me waking her up to help me. She is so good about walking me thu things. So I'll be back!
bj

Marie said...

Congrats on your award!!!

thestonerabbit said...

Hi Darlene-It was so sweet of you to leave your comment this morning! Congrats on your award--hope your Sunday is wonderful! dana

ByHISgoodGRACE said...

Hey there! You left me a comment and I have been checking out your blog. I looooove it. You are so creative. I love how you paint everything! (I'm a painter too!)
I'm glad to have found you, or to have been found.

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Congratulations Darlene!
Have a great day,
Diane

Shelia said...

Hi Darlene and hope you're having a wonderful day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tricia Anne said...

What a sweet award! I like the same things you posted that make you happy ... I have yet to try the creamer that you mentioned. I will need to try it! :o)
Have a super day!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

a day in the life of bella said...

I love Mexican food, too! Congratulations on your award :)

Bella

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Hi Darlene!
Thank you so much for this award I will be posting it on my blog and helping my Mom post it on her blog this week. Sorry it took me so long to respond today. My computer crashed yesterday. Yes, right before my Christmas stocking Swap and the opening of our Etsy store. UUUUGGGHHH. But we figured out what it was a worked on it all today...We JUST got it all running right this afternoon (hooray)
Thank you again for the award it means so much to me that you feel that way about my blog-I feel the same way about yours-BUT you know that because I am on here commenting every day! :)
Guess I better get back to work!
Take Care,
Robin

Cathy said...

Congrats on your award! I love the sounds of all of the blogs you awarded! I am going to check them out!