Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hibiscus and Awards

Look at my beautiful Hibiscus! I bought this plant quite a while back off of a table that had all different colors of hibiscus. It had no open blooms on it (as a matter of fact just a few very small buds were starting) so I had no clue what color it would be.......look at this glorious sight that greeted me this morning. It has been so hot here, over 100 degrees every day and there has been no rain for weeks. Yesterday, it was 106....so please send up a little prayer for some rain in our area. Thanks.

I have also received awards..........


Brandee at The Berry's Patch http://www.veryberrynice.blogspot.com/ has given me my first awards.....notice I said awards....as in two!! Brandee has become the greatest blogging friend and if we lived closer, we would have tons of fun together, or just sit on the back porch swing and chat and sip peach tea. The first award is the


Arte Y PicoBrandee also passed this award along to me..... Brillante Weblog.





Thank you sooo much Brandee and if you haven't visited her please do. She has a beautiful home, great decorating style, adorable kids and loves her animals........she is just great. Thanks for being a special blogging friend.


Now, I am supposed to pass these awards along and I am having a difficult time. I love all of the blogs I read and I know I am not playing by the exact rules, but please if you come to visit me, take these awards and pass them on to whoever you would like to.



8 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Congratulations on you deserving awards!!!
Kim

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

The flower is so beautiful!
I am bummed for you that the weather is so hot there...I will keep this on my prayer list~
Congratulations on your adwards I love your blog!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Darlene I love your Hibiscus flower! So very pretty! Sorry you don't have any rain and congratulations on your awards, very well deserved!
Love, Ann

Empty Nest Full Life said...

The hibiscus is beautiful,I am praying for rain for those of us who need it. It has been so hot here, with a very hot wind blowing for most of the day, drying everything out worse. I will continue to pray, and CONGRATULATIONS on your award!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh what a pretty flower! I love the color. Is that called a double hibiscus?

Hugs,
Joanne

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Darlene,

Awe shucks, you are special to me too!

Brandee :-)

GardenJoy4Me said...

Darlene !
Can you believe I finally made it over here ? LOL
I love your hibiscus .. it is gorgeous and of course being orange , it is extra gorgeous !
I also love the tassle work with the pumpkin especially .. orange issues are a little crazy eh ?
What awful hot weather you are having .. and no rain .. that is intense.
I am crossing my fingers for rain in your direction .. maybe crossed eyes too ? LOL
We can use a bit as well here but no where near what you need I'm sure. So lets hope a cloud gives it up there soon !
Joy
PS .. have you tried a rain dance yet ?

Joy said...

What a pretty flower! Do you bring your's in every winter? One year ours got huge...it was very hard to bring in. Congrats on your award. Love your tassels too.