Friday, August 8, 2008

It Finally Rained and Another Tassel

When I was running some errands yesterday afternoon this is what I saw......could it be?? Might it rain???? Please, please, please RAIN!
Yep, it did......we had a heavy downpour for just a few minutes and then it rained steadily for a short while and stopped....boo :(
But, when I woke up this morning, I could tell, we had a steady rain all night long. YEA, everything got a good drink. I'm sure not nearly enough and I'm sure we will still stay under our watering restriction but at least it smells and feels so fresh outside this morning. Also, no 100+ degree temperatures, it is only supposed to be about 82. Perfect!
I also made another tassel. I saw this topper and immediately wanted it to make another tassel. Several of you asked if I would keep making them after I showed you in another post the ones I made. Well, yes I will.....but just for myself, friends, and family. I also think they would be unique teacher gifts so we will see. If you make one you will see they are very addicting, and once you have done a couple and kind of know what to expect while you are making them, you start seeing more and more possibilities and look at everything when you are out to see if it would be a cute topper. I was just going to let you know if you read the tutorial that I linked to on my other post, they said to roll the main fringe and glue it on. Well, the main fringe is somewhat expensive, and I even got it on sale at Hobby Lobby, so I did something a little different. I have a bag of wooden pieces (from when I used to paint quite a bit) things like flower pots, wooden ball knobs, etc. I glued one of those on the bottom of the topper and glued the embellishments around that, working my way up the tassel. The main fringe on the bottom, then another fringe a little ways up, etc. You are then gluing to wood and it does not use as much of your fringe. On this last one I just made I didn't glue anything on it to attach to because the topper is wood and it is pretty long so I glued right to it and did a simple, yet I think cute, tassel.

17 comments:

Farm Chick Paula said...

I'm glad you got some rain, Darlene... it's supposed to be cooler here for the next couple of days, too! (Yay!)
LOVE the tassel! And I love Hobby Lobby, too.. my local WalMart stopped carrying fabric, so if it weren't for HL, I'd have to drive almost an hour for fabric! Ugh!

Shelia said...

Morning Darlene. Oh, rain!! I'm sure it has helped your grounds immensely! Now aren't you just the smartest one? Love that tassel. I'm like you, if I make things, I like to keep them. I may try my hand at some one day. I bought a couple from Susie Harris and they were wonderful! I do love tassels.
Thanks for coming to my tea party. I had so much fun - I just played all day long!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marie said...

VERY cute tassel! How do you find toppers? Is there a 'tassel topper' section in the craft store? Can you tell I've never made a tassel? :o)

Glad you got some rain. We haven't had rain for almost a week and it was getting very dry around here. Thankfully, we got a good storm yesterday too.

mollyandmarshal said...

I love the tassel! I think it's super cute! I am also somewhat addicted to the tassel-making ever since getting one from The Nester! I plan on making Christmas ornaments for friends and family, you should too!

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh good, it rained here too. We have been waiting awhile. It seems like every city around us gets rain but skips us.

I like your new tassel. You go girl.

chelle's winks said...

you are doing a great jpb with the tassels

Kim's Treasures said...

Yay for rain! Great idea to add the wood piece to the bottom of your tassel. It looks sooo pretty!
Have a great Friday!
Kim

Jeanne said...

Darlene, I'm very happy about your rain. In other years who would think rain would make our lives so happy. You gotta love it.

Have a rainy day. Smile.

Jeanne

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

HOOORAY FOR RAIN~Thank God!

I was so happy when I came to your blog today and saw some clouds! Hopefully you will get some more. We are getting some tonight and tomorrow too...I love how fresh everything is after a rain.

Very nice tassel once again! I bet they are addicting. Crafts are addicting aren't they!
Love coming to your blog as always.
Have a great weekend.
Robin~♥

Joy said...

I wish we had rain! It's been cloudy for a few days, but no water to speak of.
I'm likin' those tassels! I might have to try my hand at making one.

Bella said...

We got a little bit of rain yesterday, too..finally, but we need more, too.

I love your new tassel. I need to read that tutorial someday, it looks like fun!

Bella :)

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I really love the modge podge letter! You might have to sell those...you are quite the creative gal.
How is your wild little gal? My hubby thought she was our dog in the pic.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am adding you to my sidebar..before I forget :)

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Just had to tell you..I added you to my Pawsh Friends List...but I left out the-darlene and it took me to someone else's blog LOL.
I am off to go fix it :)

Jen r. said...

Love the tassel! So cute! Thanks for stopping by for a visit! I am off to peek around your blog! Jen R

Cottage said...

LOVE your tassle! I can't believe you guys got rain, as promised. We are still waiting for ours...don't think it's gonna happen. This morning was nicely cool, though; for Texas...lol!

Susie Harris said...

Now Miss Darlene.... You are just one tassel makin' momma! I love it! You have so got the bug. I had to giggle cause thats the truth. You start looking at everything like you could make a tassel out of it. My husband just has to laugh cause Im crazy about them... Now Im not the only one, hehe... keep it up. They look awesome!

Elise said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I just bought some stuff today to make more tassels.
Elise