Sunday, August 10, 2008

You Gotta Try This Recipe!!

At the end of July, when I was reading some of my favorite blogs....Diane from A Picture is worth a 1,000 Words said that her daughter Kelli had started a new blog called Sassy Southern Mom. I hopped on over there to check it out (July 28) and she had posted a recipe which she said was a variation on King Ranch Chicken because you make it with ground meat. I am calling them King Ranch Beef Roll Ups. Now you will see that my picture of mine is not as pretty as hers, but our family LOVED this and is a definite keeper!! Thank you Kelli!

This is one of those recipes you can change up a bit so you can use what you have. She calls for ground chuck....we used ground round; sharp cheddar cheese......we had mild cheddar cheese and we didn't use the bell pepper at all....didn't have one. It was really YUMMY and heated well for leftovers. Also, my filling didn't come out to match in the roll ups and I put what I had left in a bowl and we used it as dip with chips. Go check it out.....you will be glad you did.

10 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi Darlene! Yummy! I love King Ranch Chicken, so I know I'm gonna love this too! I'm going to print this out now. Thanks for coming by to see me this moring.
Be a sweetie and have a wonderful Sunday,
Shelia ;)

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Darlene,
Thanks for mentioning us! I know Kelli will be thrilled!

Glad the recipe turned out so well.

Hope you have a great day,
Diane

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Wow that does look really good...I will have to make it for my family sometime soon. They love "comfort" food!
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Robin~♥

Nancy said...

Hi Darlene, Thanks for always coming by and leaving such kind comments!! This sounds so good...I am always looking for something new to fix...I get so tired of cooking the same things, I will try this! Enjoyed your pink sat post also, love those bikes! Nancy

Shannon said...

Your getting good at tassels!! This looks yummy!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Darlene,

I copied this recipe onto my computer but haven't made it yet. It looks good.

Brandee :-)

Jeanne said...

Darlene, I will check the recipe out. I think I have made something similar. with Jiffy Mix for the top.
Thank you for your visits and your sweet comments.

With a month of company and being so busy, I have lots of catching up with my blogging visits.

Take care, Jeanne

Marie said...

If I wasn't hungry before, I am now! That looks yummy. Off to find that recipe!

Farm Chick Paula said...

Ooooh that sounds WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for the link, Darlene... I was just wondering what to fix tonight!! Hubby will love these!

Jill Scott said...

I love new recipes, especially tried and true ones. Thank you! I haven't stopped by in awhile, it looks like you've been busy. Take care. :)