Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Huge Children's Consignment Sale

I wanted to share with everyone a fabulous consignment sale that you might have in your area. If you have never been you might want to change your mind after I show you all of this. Twice a year my friend, Renee, and I go and volunteer at this sale and shop it. We have so much fun and find so many bargains. It is called Just Between Friends and you can find out more about it here.

Books galore - bins and bins
Toys, cribs
One of the two attached outside tents with strollers, outdoor push toys...just all kinds of things....
Bassinets, electronics, tables of toys...
Just look at all the stuff....anything you want for a child.
Costumes......
I believe that was the rack in the back of maternity clothes and bins of accessories, sleepers, undergarments, etc......

There are racks upon racks of clothes, all double hanging (top & bottom) for every size, girls and boys up to size 14/16. There is a whole room of girls and a whole room of boys clothes.
Here we are with our working aprons on. I was checking in clothes and scanning them for stains, correct on the hanger, right barcoding, pinned together if multiple pieces. Renee was working on the racks. We volunteered for 6 hours yesterday.
We use a laundry basket to shop with. You are going through the racks pulling out clothes tossing them into the basket. Then we sit down and go through them thoroughly and again check for stains and if we really want that. We have tons of fun. I was a long day though. We left at 7:15 a.m. and didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. This sale is so big in the area that this year they added a whole other building that was just as full as this one. So, we not only shopped at the one we worked at but also at the other building.....whew.....

Here is my laundry basket full......after I get all these washed, Lexi will have a bunch of "new" clothes. All in GREAT condition and cute!!! I also got her some books I thought she would enjoy.

25 comments:

Michelle said...

We have a few of these sales here...I'm not sure they are called the same thing but they are a lot of fun and you can get some good stuff...

This is a very BIG one!

Susie Harris said...

Now that is what I call a sale! Lexi looks so cute in her new ballet shoes. Maddy just started a new class this year. Musical Theater.... she loves it already! This year they will perform Grease. Will that show ever get old? Hope you have a great day~

HeathahLee said...

I need a consignmet sale like that! We had one here this past weekend but I think all the clothes were too small for my kiddo...it's more about the baby stuff.

Katie said...

Awesome, I so need to go to that for my kids. We have to have one here in Columbus, somewhere. Great job!

Marie said...

Do you know I NEVER go to consignment shops? I'm not sure why. I think I may start though! Great sale!

duchess said...

What a great idea.
I'll have to check around here to see if they have such a thing.

Twice as Nice said...

The sale is so well put together. It's nicer than some stores! It's great for anyone with kids. Looks like every thing is in such great condition. How fun.

nikkicrumpet said...

wow now that is one MEGA sale. Looks like it took a ton of work to set everything up so nicely!

Joanna said...

Wow! That is just about all I can say. I have never seen so much stuff. That is great! Looks like you came away with some great finds yourself. *smiles*

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Hi Darlene,
Wow, I wished I lived by you! With my daughter being pregnant and all it looks like we would have had a field day at that place! Oh my goodness!
It does look like you guys were having a great time there! I'm so glad you posted photo's!
Robin~♥

duchess said...

Darlene, e-mail me at duchess4eds@gmail.com & I'll explain how to do the strike-outs.
The comment section won't allow me to put the symbols in.
Thanks.

Rambling Girl said...

WOW a BIG SALE....I have never been to anything like that but sounds like a lot of fun....Love reading the books...I could be in that area forever and still not get through....Glad you had a good day!

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love big sales like this.

Libby said...

Wow! What a great sale! Will be looking for one in our area.

Blessings to you and yours,

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Hi Darlene! Wow what fun and what a sale! Love the apron! Hey wanted to tell you the glass acorns were from Michaels near the seasonal candle section. But I was also told they were at Pier One. Woo Hoo. Have a wonderful day1
Blessings,
Debbie

Dawn said...

I've never heard of a sale so wonderful around here! What a wonderful thing to do! I'll bet people could spend hours there just looking at all there is. I know my daughter would just love it!!!

I'm glad your package arrived and you were happy with it!

take care,
Dawn

Deb said...

That looks like an AWESOME sale. All those books. I'm sure teachers probably go nuts there. I wish we had some good consignment sales here. Or maybe we do and I'm just too busy doing other things to notice.

Caren said...

Wow! Looks like fun. I have to check that out and see if we have any in our area.

Cathy said...

That is just amazing. I have heard of them in our area but never been. I will have to check them out sometime.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I used to do a sale like that with a friend of mine. That was our extra income for spring and fall. It was a huge success, but not even a small fraction as big as this one. We had a lot of fun, but it was a LOT of work in a short period of time. Looks like the place to be if you are in need of childrens items. Jackie

Twice as Nice said...

I can't get over how organized and clean everything looks. It looks really nice. All of you girls did a great job.

At Home In Georgia said...

Holy cow...now that is some stuff!

What a pretty ballerina you have.

Nancy said...

Hi Darlene, That looks like it was a great and BIG sale! Glad you found some things for Lexi! Blessings,Nancy

Our Complete Family said...

Holy cow that is a lot of loot! I checked the link and there don't seem to be any too close to me. Darn my luck!!! :(

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What a great sale! I am truly jealous! And your discoveries at the Junque store (such a cute name) are great too!! :)
Carrie