Saturday, September 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged Again....

I have been tagged by three of my blogger friends within the last few days and they are Kim of The Hancock Family, Robin of The Robin's Nest, and Alaura of The Cottage Rose. These are all great blogging friends and I encourage you to visit their blogs if you do not already do so. I am to list six random things about me. Here they are:


  1. I could shop every day! Seriously, not grocery shop but any other kind of shop.

  2. At my very part-time job I wear capris, tees and flip flops.

  3. I have owned a poodle almost all of my life.

  4. I LOVE vegetables and many times get a vegetable plate at restaurants when we go out to eat.

  5. I have some kind of fascination with cookbooks (and have a lot) but I hate to cook....go figure!

  6. I am 13 years older than my only other sibling, my brother (same parents) and he was 5 years old at my wedding.

Now here are the rules:



  1. Link to the person who tagged you.

  2. Post the rules on your blog.

  3. Write 6 random things about yourself.

  4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.

  5. Let each person know you tagged them by leaving a comment on your blog.

  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

So I am going to tag:


Katie at Blessed By 3 Miracles


Ramona at A Day in the Life of Ramona


Duchess at The Daily Adventures of Four Ed's


Shannon at Bless Our Nest


Gretchen at Bird Nest Cottage


Debbie at Ribbonwood Cottage

16 comments:

Caren said...

Cute random things! I wish I liked veggies that much.

Marie said...

I'm with you on #1. I could (and do!) shop as often as possible. hee hee Good thing I'm so thrifty! (at least that's what I keep telling myself)

Kim said...

I love vegetables & always get the vegetable plate when we go to Cracker Barrel for lunch or dinner.

I'm right there with you on shopping. I could literally go every day and never tire of it. Grocery shopping...I am terrible at. Thank God my husband is the manager of a grocery store!

duchess said...

Who knew?

Thanks for the tag, Darlene.
I'll try to put it up as soon as I can.

Have a great Saturday - go hit some yard sales.:)

Ramona said...

Great list and thanks for the tag...I am right there with you on the shopping thing...can you imagine the fun we would all have if we all went shopping together?

Happy Almost Fall!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Joanna said...

I too could shop everyday! *smiles* Poodle same here. We have had a couple of them as I was growing up and one of them is still with us (well not us, but my dad) today.

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

hey Darlene, thank you. You get tagged more than anybody I know. You must be out of breath by now!!!Hahaha. Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings, Debbie

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

I eat fruit the way you eat veggies! I was just thinking last night that I need to eat more veggies!
I need you to live by me to rub that shopping gene off on me-I do not like to shop! But would love it if I was shopping with you! (or my Mom)
Love learning new things about you!
Robin~♥

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Hi Darlene~
I like your little list...I love shopping! Even grocery shopping is fun to me~ except Costco. (Costco kind of stresses me out!)

I hope you are having a good weekend. :)

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I enjoyed learning more about you.
Have a great day!

judicreations said...

Thank you for sharing about you.
I love veggies too. My brother is 11 years younger than I am and was 10 when I got married.
Love your poodle pics.
Have a lovely day.
Judi

Tricia Anne said...

What a fun list! I enjoyed reading it!! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Shannon said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll post about it soon.

I am just like you with the cookbooks! I love them but don't think I have ever cooked a receipe out of one. :)

Dawn said...

I like to shop but I don't like taking a long time doing it!

I like veggies too! (well,except for mushrooms...ICK)

My two children are 18 years apart in age.

I like reading all these things about my blogging friends.

take care,
Dawn

HeathahLee said...

We have a restaurant here in town that has the BEST Southern cooked vegetables (meaning all the nutritional value has been cooked out, I'm sure) that we love to get every once in a while. MMMMmmmm...I love me some vegetables!

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

I love cookbooks too...but I do kind of sort of like to cook. Vegetable plate at a restaurant...no, french fries are my favorite food (but I do LOVE salads...anytime, anyplace).