Sunday, October 5, 2008

An Award and Another Tag.....

I am so excited that my blogging friend Nancy from Southern Lady gave me this award. I never knew blogging would turn into so many friendships as it has. Blogging friends are so caring and wonderful and I'm getting gushy so I'll stop. But, anyway thank you so much Nancy and be sure to go visit her. Nancy has a fabulous blog that I love to read.

Now the hard part to pass it along to 6 others. I scanned around my blogs (besides what is listed, I have a small notebook I keep them in) and saw some who did not already have this award posted and I am passing it along to them.
  1. Diane at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
  2. Katie at Blessed By 3 Miracles
  3. Michelle at Tiddly Winks
  4. Duchess at The Daily Adventures of Four Eds
  5. Debbie at Ribbonwood Cottage
  6. Caren at City Momma Country Momma

If you are not on this list, don't think I don't love you!! Go by and visit these blogs I think you will LOVE them.

I was also tagged again!!!!! Kelly from Blissfully Deaf tagged me to list 6 random things about myself. This is getting hard because I am really very ordinary and don't think any thing I do is very exciting or that y'all would want to hear about it. Here goes:

  1. I find it quite challenging to keep indoor plants alive (also Tangie wants to eat them) so if you see greenery in my pictures....it is fake!
  2. I had childhood asthma (and was in the hospital several times) but thankfully have grown out of it.
  3. I can eat anything for any meal. Meaning I could eat pizza or spaghetti for breakfast as easily as I can eat eggs or pancakes for dinner.
  4. I am a horrible procrastinator...ya know...there is always tomorrow...lol
  5. I don't mind washing and drying clothes but I hate to fold and put them up.
  6. I am absolutely addicted to blogging and my new blogging friends! I just LOVE it!

As you all know you are supposed to pass this along to 6 other bloggers, but I have been tagged so many times that I hate to pass it along to anyone right now. But, if you want to play feel free to and let me know.

Oh, there is one person that had a little comment that she had never been tagged so I am going to tag that one person and it is Caren from City Momma Country Momma. I can't wait to see her 6 random things.

22 comments:

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Darlene,
I'm packing up for my return engagement in GA but thankfully this will be the last trip out of town for me *smiles* When I return it's a crazy mad round of decorating to get caught up before I get left behind. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed week!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Thanks so much Darlene! I really appreciate this award! You are one of my favorites too...

Congratulations on your award.
Diane

Neabear said...

Congrats on your award! Did you hear that Shelia is back?!? Such great news. I saw her blog last night.

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Hey there Miss Darlene, aren't you wonderful! Thank you. You have made my day. I was up early getting ready for church and I don't usually get on the blogmachine till Monday-no time-and there you were with your sweet present for me!!!! Thanks and thank you for the kind words! Have a wonderful and blessed day!
Yipeeee
Debbie

Cottage Rose said...

Good morning; Congratulations on your award. And I loved reading your random things about you. Some of your random things sound like me. lol

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs;
Alaura

nikkicrumpet said...

congrats on the award. I enjoy reading the tags because we get the inside dirt lol. Have a wonderful Sunday!

duchess said...

Yay. I love awards. Thanks Darlene.

You're not going to have any secrets if you keep getting tagged.

Carrie said...

Congrats on the award you deserve it very much!

Katie said...

Thank you,I feel so special (: how do I add it to my blog? Do I need a link or can I copy and paste to my side bar? Your so sweet!

Rebeckah said...

I can't wait to look at those sites you listed. I LOVE Katie's blog. She is like, my most favorite Mommy in blog land : )! Hope your week is filled with wonderfulness! I totally feel you on the house plant thing. I want green things growing all year round, but it NEVER works out. Ever!

Katie said...

Yeah, that was easy. It is just like a picture or whatever. Thanks!!

Smilingsal said...

I'm addicted to blogging to, Darlene, and those awards are wonderful to receive. Congratulations on your newest one. I'd like to figure out how to make them all smaller like some do.

Sue said...

Congratulations on your award...well deserved! I love your blog, too! Enjoyed reading about you.

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Hi Darlene,
I can see by your list of 6 random things that we are very much alike!
Thanks for already leaving a comment on my blog...I miss you too! So much! It was hard being away for so long but our family was processing some news we got from the doctor on our daughter's baby. (our granddaughter-Noel Grace)
We are praying for a miracle. Please feel free to E mail me anytime-My daughter didn't want me to give details on my blog/Or talk about it on my blog-But would be very thankful for everyone's prayers.

I love all the things you have been posting this week! You make me smile Darlene!
Love,
Robin
robinruns@comcast.net

Caren said...

Thank you so much Darlene! I've never been given an award OR tagged before so I'm very excited. I'm trying to think up my random things right now! Thanks again and congrats on your award!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Congratulations on your award and I remember those cross country days with my two children. They both ran and it was a lot of fun watching and cheering them on. Tell Lexi congratulations and keep up the good work. Jackie

Kelly said...

Hi Darlene:

You and my husband would just get along just great on number 4. He is horrible at it, I have to kindly bug him to do things before long.

Thanks for doing the tag, I enjoyed in getting to know you better.

Have a great week!!! :) xo

Nikki said...

I am with you on the laundry thing!

AJ said...

Congrats on your awards:)

Daphine said...

Congrats on your award! The blogging business is serious, but very fun stuff, huh? I enjoyed your blog. I'll return again.

Marie said...

Congrats on your award!!! I love your random list. I could eat anything for any meal too. My favorite breakfast is a turkey and swiss sandwich! lol Last night I had eggs for dinner. :o)

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Hi Darlene~
Congratulations on your award! :)