Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tags and Awards.....

First, I was tagged by Carrie at Carrie's Little World and Daphine at Just Stuff for a fun book tag. Grab the nearest book. Open the book to page 56. Find the 5th sentence. Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.
Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the closest. Tag five other people to do the same.

She'd wanted a good look at him, a better look than the one she'd caught the day before when he'd stood in the window looking like the brooding and bitter hero of some gothic novel.
He was good-looking enough for the part, she decided, but up close he seemed more sad than bitter.
Too bad really. Bitter was more her style.
He'd handled himself, she'd give him that.
Rolled with the insult-that asshole Bing- said his piece and after a little hitch, moved on.
This will be an older book because I bought it from the library when they were selling off their old books. I'll tell you at the end of this long post what it is.
The next award was from Meghan at Meghans Mindless Muttering. It says to list 6 things I value and 6 things I don't and pass it on.

Values:

  1. family
  2. friends
  3. faith
  4. teachers
  5. my home
  6. health

Don't

  1. liars
  2. litterbugs
  3. rudeness
  4. tailgaters
  5. abuse or cruelty
  6. stress

The next award, Kreativ Blogger, was from Jenni at Nest to Keep. It says to list 6 things about yourself.

  1. I played the cello in the orchestra in school.
  2. I know how to square dance. I learned when my parents square danced and I got dragged all around to the dances. It truly used to be a huge party every Saturday night.
  3. I was bribed with a nickel at age 5 to learn how to water ski.
  4. I got my ears pierced at the age of 8 after tons of begging. My mom had to get hers pierced first to see what it was like.
  5. I have worn contacts since I was in the 5th grade. I absolutely hated my glasses and talked my mom into contacts.
  6. I am hooked on Desperate Housewives.

The next award is from Brandee at The Berry's Patch and she gave me the Blogging Friends Forever card. I'm telling you we have been friends since the very start of my blog. She came and gave me a sweet comment and we just feel like we have been friends forever. Thank you so much Brandee.
Last, but not least, is this beautiful fabulous fall decor award I received from Sue at The Cotton Patch. She is one of my newer blogging friends and I just love her blog and she comes over and visits me and leaves me the nicest comments.

Sorry I got so far behind on my awards and tags. I will do better in the future. I truly appreciate all of you that give me awards and tags and I LOVE all of your blogs. I am going to leave these for anyone to take. If I visit you, please come by and take any or all of the awards. Thank you so much everyone! Also, if you have given me an award in the last couple of weeks and it is not here please let me know. It seems like I have left one of them out......

One more thing......the book from the book tag is Northern Lights by Nora Roberts. I have not started it yet, but it looks good.

Remember to enter my giveaway here. I'll be drawing tonight and post it tomorrow!

30 comments:

Dawn said...

Congratulations on all of your awards. Well deserved I might add!

I've got to say that posting teachers as something you value made me smile! I appreciate that!

I wouldn't have guessed what that book was! I've seen Nora Roberts movies, but I've never read any of her books!

take care,
Dawn

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Darlene,
I used to read a lot of Nora Roberts years ago ~ loved her! But reading your little bit you posted made me want to go buy a copy ASAP but I'm a sucker for romance novels anyways. Congratulations on all your awards *smiles* You certainly deserve them. Have a wonderfully blessed week!

Lorrie said...

I agree with Dawn--your awards are well deserved! My mom and I got our ears pierced together--but I was 21! After that my younger sisters didn't have to wait so long!

Sandy Toes said...

Wow..congrats to you for all your awards and tags...how fun!!

What great tidbits of info...enjoyed reading!

Have a great day!
-Sandy Toes

Meghan said...

Check you out with all the awards!
You go girl!
You go!

Love the book tag.
How fun!!!

April said...

Hi Darlene!

I stumbled on your blog by way of Lorrie's. Congrats on your awards!! Aren't they fun to get??

Anyhow, stop by sometime if you get the chance! Hope you have an awesome day!

Michelle said...

Congrats on all of those awards...you deserve 'em girl:)

Bella Casa said...

Congratulations on your awards :)

Have a wonderful day, Darlene!!!

Bella

Beth said...

Bravo! Well done...I need to do that!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I had to wait till I was 13 to get my ears pierced. I begged too!

Have a nice day.

Melissa Wertz said...

Congrats on all your awards Darlene! Well deserved.

Smilingsal said...

You're a cheap bribe! I agree with you on Desperate Housewives; I love that show.

I thank you for the fall award and snatch it quickly before you change your mind!

HeathahLee said...

Wow! So many awards!

I know how to to the "Cotton Eye Joe" and the "Virginial Reel"...does that make me a square dancer? : )

HeathahLee said...

HAHA! No, not the "Virginial Reel" the "VIRGINIA Reel"...sorry...I should know by now to preview EVERY comment! : )

Shannon said...

Congrats on all your awards!! Well deserved!

Shelia said...

Hi Darlene! It's awards and tags day!! Congratulations on all your well deserving kuddoes. Have a beautiful day.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Neabear said...

Wow, lots of cool awards. I have gotten a couple that I am working through right now. I cracked up at the crazy accidental spelling left by heathahlee. LOL!

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Hi Darlene~
Congratulations on your awards! :) It's fun to learn more about you, too. :)

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Manuela said...

Congratulations on all those awards! That little snippet of the book sounds good - I'll have to see if my library carries that one.

Manuela

judicreations said...

Congratulations for getting all thsoe awards. YOu certainly deserve them.

I love Nora Roberts books especially her Trilogies. Have you read any of them?

Thank you for offering your awards. I will be most graciously happy to take along an award.

Hope you have a lovely day.
I thought the book tag was fun! Loved your answers to your tag.

Come by and visit!
Judi

duchess said...

Congratulations on all the bling.

I'll have to pick up that Nora Roberts book - hers are usually pretty good.

Daphine said...

Whew! Congrats on ALL of your awards. They are much deserved lady! I am behind on posting one award that a dear blogging buddy sent me and you have made me feel so much better with just posting yours. lol

I was totally clueless on the book. I enjoyed reading new and interesting things about you today.

Have a great afternoon!

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow, all these awards, it's like you are so famous, and we get to celebrate with you! Yipppeeee. And congratulations on all these sweet awards. Did you ever think all this goodness would happen when you started blogging? A nice surprise isn't it? You deserve all this sweet goodness.
Blessings,
Debbie

Weeksie50 said...

Whoo Hoo. Look at you racking up all the bloggy love..

nikkicrumpet said...

WHOA award abundance...look at you!!! I like Nora Roberts...but mostly when she writes as J.D. Robb.

Annabelle said...

Congrats on all the awards! Desperate Housewives fan here, too.

Marie said...

Congrats on all your awards! Your post today looks a lot like mine. That made me laugh. :o)

Tammy said...

Congratulations on all your awards!
And I wanted you to know- I DID mail your giveaway prize yesterday...thank you for being so patient on that! :) Let me know when it arrives!

Blessings,
~Tammy

AJ said...

It's nice to learn more about our bloggy friends:)

Holly said...

Guess what...unaware that you have already been tagged more then enough, I tagged you again.

You are obviously just soo loved.

Farm Chick Paula said...

Yay on all your awards... you go girl!!