Saturday, November 29, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Then she had to play in the basket of Lexi's magazines.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
It was a great visit and we will see ya next time!!!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Want to guess.....just for fun? I hope to show you on Monday or Tuesday.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sorry I didn't visit many of you yesterday but I had a horrible headache. I am hoping that it stays away today.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
My older poodle Chelsea has to go out every morning sometime between 4:00 and 5:00 a.m. I get up and take both poodles out and then go back to bed for a while. The other morning, the instant I opened the back door, there was LOUD, LOUD meowing coming from the back part of our acre down toward the small creek bed. I had my flashlight and headed back there to see what was wrong with a cat. I might also add our weather was pretty cold that night.....high 30's. I started hearing the meowing above my head and was looking up in the trees. She was so high up in a tree I couldn't even see her with my flashlight, cause you know it was pitch black outside. I started calling her and she finally came down out of the tree. Shaking and purring away.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- I have loved to read books as far back as I can remember.
- My favorite series when I was growing up were Nancy Drew Mysteries.
- I read fiction and still love mysteries and suspense books, with an occasional romance thrown in.
- Some of my favorite authors are Harlan Coben, Mary Higgins Clark, Carol Clark and Danielle Steel.
- My newest favorite series is the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer....I am going to see if she has other books out, because I am sure I would enjoy them. Love her writing style!
- If I start a book and can't "get into it", I can take it right back to the library. I don't keep reading "hoping it will get better". They have to capture my attention within just a few chapters.
- I get most of my reading material from the library, but I do buy books from yard sales, garage sales, etc. cause I just LOVE having my own books around in my home.
I know I never play right by the tag rules anymore, so if you want this book tag, feel free to take it and post some random book facts on your blog.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Remember the homemade cloche's Marie made here? Well, my mom saw mine that I copied and she wanted some too. I thought hers turned out great! The tops of these are little bud vases....cute aren't they?!?
Here are my mom's apothecary jars. She loved the little bling jewels, acorns and pumpkins I had in mine, so I got her the same thing.
Here is their mantle. Isn't that big clock BEAUTIFUL? We also filled a large apothecary jar with pumpkins and gourds.
When they come in for Thanksgiving we will be decorating her home for Christmas. She already has a tree and some ornaments here. They bring more and more things for their home each trip they make.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
This was later on during the day.....she had to chew a while on her bone. This was in between napping on and off all day long. Thanks for all the well wishes for my little pup during her surgery. I know it is a routine procedure, but it still just scares me to death till I hear she did fine.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Here is another bottle with lights that I am using in my kitchen window.
Monday, November 10, 2008
I wanted to introduce you all to our kitty that has adopted us. She actually belongs to the people across the street, but sadly they have no business having any animals. She has probably had six litters of kittens and she is not very old. Finally, another neighbor was fed up with all the kittens and took seven of the females to a low cost spay clinic and had them all fixed. This one, that has always been named "Mama Kitty" won't stay away from our house. She now fights with all the cats over there, and for about 2 months now we have been feeding and caring for her and pretty much figure she is ours. The lady that had the seven females fixed, has about eight to ten cats that are always at her door and the people that started all this (because they won't take care of the cats) have four that hang out at their house.
Mama Kitty is gorgeous and very friendly and even my hubby, that wasn't going to have any part of letting the cat stay here, now feeds her and pets her.
Now up on my soapbox......if you have an animal....TAKE CARE OF IT!! That means getting it fixed (because there are plenty of stray animals that would love to have a good home), get it shots, give it shelter and love!! To me animals are precious creatures and I just can't fathom people that get an animal and then don't give them the proper care. Off my soapbox now, just needed to get that off my chest.
Now, I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
This award asks you to answer four questions.
- Do you have the same friends since childhood? No, I don't. We have moved to different states several times and I have not kept up with any friends that I had from childhood.
- What do you value most about your friends? I think it would have to be their personalities. I only have a few "close" friends and each one is just a pleasure to be around and I always hate it when our "get together" time ends.
- Are your friends sounding boards? Very rarely ~ usually my hubby is my sounding board.
- What is your favorite activity to share with friends? Shopping....nuf said!
Now I am supposed to pass this along to three of my blogging friends they are:
Brandee at The Berry's Patch
Robin at The Robin's Nest
Kitty Scraps at A Bit of Fluff Quite Messy Really
Go by and visit these blogs and ladies, they will all bring a smile to your face.
Friday, November 7, 2008
I want to first thank Shelia at Note Songs and Judi at Cranberry Blossoms for giving me the Blogging Friends Forever award. I absolutely love this award and do feel we will be blogging friends forever. If you haven't visited these two lovely ladies please do, you will love their blogs. Thanks ladies!!!
Next, I want to thank Lorrie at The View From My Door for the beautiful Marie Antoinette award. Since we have discovered each others' blog we have visited constantly....go by and see her you will love her blog. Thanks so much Lorrie!
Last, but not least, I want to thank Lisa at Life with Lisa Ann and Carrie from Carrie's Little World for tagging me for 7 random facts and also the Kreative Blogger Award. Be sure to go visit their blogs....you will just love both of them. Each of these call for random facts about myself. I feel like I have told you
- I learned how to roller blade at age 42.
- My favorite cake is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
- I LOVE to wear sweatshirts in the winter...they feel so comforting to me.
- I would probably have a zoo if I didn't keep myself in check with animals.
- I have become a total homebody in my older age.....preferring to be at home to anywhere else.
- TJ Maxx and Target are two of my favorite stores.
- I think I would be lost now without blogging. I absolutely LOVE it!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
My Welcome Harvest sign moved from the top of my little hutch to the top right of my computer desk, the scarecrow family from yesterday is to the left.