Friday, November 7, 2008

Awards and Tags....

I'm so sorry but I have been a bad blogging friend getting behind with all my awards and tags.....I keep saying I will try to do better.

I want to first thank Shelia at Note Songs and Judi at Cranberry Blossoms for giving me the Blogging Friends Forever award. I absolutely love this award and do feel we will be blogging friends forever. If you haven't visited these two lovely ladies please do, you will love their blogs. Thanks ladies!!!
Next, I want to thank Lorrie at The View From My Door for the beautiful Marie Antoinette award. Since we have discovered each others' blog we have visited constantly....go by and see her you will love her blog. Thanks so much Lorrie!

Last, but not least, I want to thank Lisa at Life with Lisa Ann and Carrie from Carrie's Little World for tagging me for 7 random facts and also the Kreative Blogger Award. Be sure to go visit their blogs....you will just love both of them. Each of these call for random facts about myself. I feel like I have told you more than you ever probably wanted to know plenty about myself but let me throw some more things your way.
  1. I learned how to roller blade at age 42.
  2. My favorite cake is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
  3. I LOVE to wear sweatshirts in the winter...they feel so comforting to me.
  4. I would probably have a zoo if I didn't keep myself in check with animals.
  5. I have become a total homebody in my older age.....preferring to be at home to anywhere else.
  6. TJ Maxx and Target are two of my favorite stores.
  7. I think I would be lost now without blogging. I absolutely LOVE it!

Again, thank you to all of my friends that have passed these awards on to me and if you have stopped by my blog, feel free to take any or all of them for yourself.

29 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

Congratulations Darlene!

Gosh, you would think we came from the same gene pool. I love cake (frosting is the best part). I just got out all my winter sweatshirts & sweatpants. And you know my house is already a zoo.

Have a great weekend sis!

Sandy Toes said...

How fun! I am so behind in my tags and awards...I may just have to write "i am sorry" letter out!!!

I love sweatshirts too!!! I have come to love blogging a lot too! It's so fun!
-sandy toes

Sue said...

Love sweatshirts and Target too!! You just can't beat home, either.

Lorrie said...

Darlene, maybe we'll meet in the aisles of TJ Maxx or Target one day! Learning to rollerblade at 42--I am totally impressed girl!

Have a great weekend!

Dawn said...

Congratulations on your awards. I know I love visiting your blog every day. I feel like we are friends!

I am like you. I am such a homebody and I love it! I am quite happy to be home whenever I can.

take care,
Dawn

Life with Kaishon said...

I love that you learned to roller blade when you were 42. How cool are you? Your awards are lovely! Congratulations!

Ashlie said...

Congrats on your awards! They're well-deserved!

Eloise said...

Congratulations on your awards! Love the Marie Antoinette one.

thestonerabbit said...

What great awards, Darlene! I enjoyed your facts--I love choc. cake and sweatshirts and blogging, too.
Hope you're staying warm. It was danged cold in KC, MO today! Dana

Daphine said...

Congrats on all your awards!

Have a geat weekend!

nikkicrumpet said...

congrats on the well deserved awards...I was laughing at your list...because other than that first one...our lists would be IDENTICAL!

Kitty Scraps said...

Good Morning Miz Darlene,
Congratulations on your awards *smiles* I love chocolate cake and I totally love pets and would have my own mini zoo too if I wasn't careful. But rollerblading at 42? Now I'm totally impressed! You rawk Girlfriend! Have a wonderfully blessed weekend, I'm off to view the trees later today *yippee!*

Nancy said...

congrats Darlene on all the awards! nancy

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Congrats on all of your awards!!! Blogland has become such a source of comfort for me too.. in my old age...lol!!! I love to stay Home and putter much more than goin' out but I am right there with you about Target and TJMaxx!!! It is nice getting to know you a little better. And yes next year we must do the craft show together!!

Shelia said...

Morning, Darleney!! Thanks for visiting me on this most Pink Saturday!
Have a beautiful weekend,
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa & Gerald said...

~WAY~TO~GO~DARLENE~
HAve a great weekend!
Hugs!

Smilingsal said...

I too am a homebody and would be lost without blogging. Walmart is one of my favorite stores. Congratulations on your awards.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I think I'm right there with you on the zoo. I love animals...more then most people. LOL
Congrats on the awards.

Hugs,
Joanne

Gretchen said...

Your list is almost identical to what mine would be. Cake being the 1.

Gretchen

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I love your favorite stores ;) & you are a GREAT bloggy friend!

Nancy said...

Darlene, I hear you loud and clear! Can you hear me?? I can't believe it! I haven't recieved mine yet...but when I do...You know I will shout about it!!! I can't wait to get it! Thanks for letting me know. Hope you have a great Sunday!!! Nancy

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Congrats on your awards! And have a great week!

Erin said...

It's fun to get to know you better! TJ Maxx is one of my favorite stores too. Can't go wrong with Target either!

Tausha said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! I knew that my friends would help lift me up.
I love to learn fun, random things about others. I think it gives an instight into their lives that we as bloggers, would never otherwise see. (how was that for perceptive?) Really-your words meant a lot! Thank you-thank you.

Denise K. said...

Hi Darlene!

I just wanted to stop by and say, "Hello!" It was fun to see all your pretty Thanksgiving decorations and to read your 7 fun facts...hmmm...I am a fan of everything you said and am also 42! :-) Too fun!

Thanks for sharing your life with us! I look forward to stopping back by soon!

Love from Colorado,
Denise :-)

tardevil said...

Hey Darlene, this will probably shock you since we seem to pick the same things, but I'm 42...assuming you're close. I agree with everything on your list 100% (for myself) except if I learned to rollerblade now, I'd probably not be here tomorrow! LOL!

Cheryl said...

I know what you mean by being behind on the awards. Well I have one waiting for you too! I love your trash to treasure idea, how cool is that and practical.

duchess said...

Look at you rackin' up all of those awards - well deserved BTW.
Congrats!

judicreations said...

Hi Darlene
I know what you mean about blogging. It could become a fulltime job...but one of those real fun jobs.

I'm having so much fun blogging too. The people are wonderful and as I keep saying I have learned so much things I wasn't aware of or that have been explained. My horizons have definately broadened.

I loved learning more about you today. That so fun.

Now if you had a zoo of animals you wouldn't have the time to blog Darlene!!

Have a great day
Judi