Here is the fireplace with the insert that we have had for the last fifteen years. We don't use the fireplace and I had been wanting to remove this and put candles or something in the fireplace. Well, with my mom's help (of letting Alan know it would look better without this) we removed it this past weekend.
It was a mess! We have scooped all the remaining ashes out and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed! We will be trying different solutions that we have found on-line to try to get a bit more of the soot off. Do any of you know what we might use?
I found this iron candle holder with the candles at a yard sale several months ago for $6.00 and it had been stored in the garage just in case.......
What would you all do in this space now? Of course, the pictures show every little yuck....actually I don't think it looks so bad. You know it is the same thing as trying to get a good picture of the Christmas tree.....it is hard!
Also, I got a new haircut the other day. This was the next day trying to do it myself. I have now had several days to work with it and can "fix" it even better. I am enjoying it.
Twelve Days of Boots: Day 9 by The Pioneer Woman
3 hours ago