Monday, June 29, 2009

I LOVE Etsy......

I wanted to show you some of my latest purchases and share with you some of the talented artists on Etsy. This America banner was purchased from M.L. at House of Whimsy. She has recently opened an Etsy store and you definitely need to go check it out. She makes some really fun and whimsical things.

This little ballerina birdcage was also purchased from M.L. at House of Whimsy. It is hanging from the curtain rod in Lexi's room. You know Lexi is a beautiful ballerina and she absolutely thinks it is the cutest!

This is my adorable nest pillow and was purchased from Wendy at The Shabby Nest. She has all sorts of goodies in her Etsy shop and has a sale going on right now until July 3rd. Fly on over and visit her. You won't be disappointed.
Here is another purchase I have made from Ramona at A Day in the Life of Ramona. It is a little house pillow filled with buckwheat hulls. I LOVE it and it makes a little crunchy sound when you move it. I think it is just adorable and right now it resides on my bed. It has moved around several times already!
Here is an adorable little vintage looking chipboard plaque. This is from Cherry at Cherry's Jubilee and looks so cute hanging from a shabby shelf peg in my bedroom.
Last but not least, I have bought several things from Lori at Morning Glories and Moonflowers. She makes different jewelry all of the time. It is really hard for me to stay out of her shop with all of her wonderful creations.
If you have never been shopping on Etsy try it. All of these wonderful ladies also have FABULOUS blogs that you will enjoy. So, even if you don't buy anything from their store be sure to stop by their blog and say hi! Thank you for all of the wonderful goodies!!

22 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Darlene. I love your purchases. All great things and so unusual. I will definitely be checking our the shops and the blogs. Have a great day.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Awww, thanks for the Shout-Outs regarding all of our shops. You're a doll, which is reflected in all the people who always stop by your Site to say hello and leave you comments. You must be one of those people who has always made friends easily! : )
Thank you again Darlene,
Mary Lou

Heather said...

wow you have found some great etsy shops! and some wonderful things. the ballerina is very cute!

vintage at heart said...

All wonderfully lovely purchases!!! I could troll ETSY for hours!!!! Love the ballerina in Lexi's room and all of your goodies.. I am off to check out these shoppes!!!

April said...

Wow, Darlene...you have hit the mother load of cuteness...LOVE it all! I've shopped on ETSY several times and have never been disappointed.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Darlene- I LOVE Etsy, too! You have made some wonderful purchases, Sweets! I think I may have to go shopping today- tee hee!:)

Thanks for featuring me, too! I am absolutely tickled! Hope you are staying cool. We opened the windows last night- it was fabulous! Lori

Lana said...

I've never bought from Etsy, but I do enjoy browsing around! There are so many neat things out there! I love the 4th of July decorations! Too cute!

Shannon said...

I cannot believe I missed your blogiversary giveaway!! Congrats!

I love etsy too and that banner is adorable!

Joanna said...

What great finds! I just love Etsy!!

Stacey said...

Oh yes, I've dne some shopping on Etsy. What a wonderful resource! It's always nice to know certain names to visit...other wise you can get lost there forever. :) Hope you got some of that rain this weekend. We got a little but it's nice to be a little cooler.

Michelle said...

That's some good stuff! I'll check the blogs out:) Hope you all are having a great summer.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Darlene
I loved seeing all your gorgeous etsy purchases. The banner is lovely and Lori's jewelry is really special just like Lori.
Hope you are having a good Monday.
Lindsay
x

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Guess what's on it's way today? And I (didn't) forget Lexi's little silver bird. Just tie it on with a square knot and cut off the excess string.
I hope you'll enjoy the necklace. I had SO MUCH fun creating it out of my little head. The last person who ordered one said she gets comments on it all the time when she wears it out places. : )

Ramona said...

Hey there my friend ~

Thank you for the Etsy mention. I have buckwheat on the brain today...it is all over my house. You found some wonderful goodies on my favorite shopping site. Congrats on the blogiversery! Your blog is one of my happy places. I hope that you are staying cool...we finally have some warmth here and it should be a warm 4th!

Happy Monday to you!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Farm Chick Paula said...

Goodness Darlene- you went on a spree!
I love the banner too- it is sooo cute!
The birdcage is so sweet and dainty- along with those beautiful pillows!

Sue said...

I love all your purchases. I have only shopped Etsy one time and was very please. I definitely need to check out more. Thanks for reminding me.

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Etsy is great.....I have a store but have not listed there lately.

I love all of the things you bought. The ballerina in the gilded cage is perfect!

and I agree with the 2nd comment.....You are a doll~ and you never fail to leave nice comments..THANK YOU :)

Shan said...

Love your finds - I like to blog about mine too!

I recently fell in love with a new etsy shop because they set up a table at our local farmer's market. They're called Berd and Bee and make really cute candles, pillows and vintage artwork! http://tinyurl.com/nzbrqd

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Darlene, I love ALL of your finds on etsy! It is hard to pick a favorite! I have a few of Lori's bracelets, too, and love them! I need a few pillows like yours now! Too cute!!!

Happy ONE year blog'aversary! Thank you for always being such a sweet blogger and leaving such encouraging comments! You are a true gem! Love your blog, and look forward to the year ahead! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Adorable stuff! I love hearing about the Etsy shops that people visit. Gives me some great ideas!
Carrie

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Darlene, I haven't visited in a long time! I thought I would get caught up on some blogs tonight!
I love Etsy too. I have two shops one I sell my Mosaic stuff and one I sell Hang and Gift Tags. I love to shop Etsy too. There are so many talented ladies out there. Thanks for the links to some more. I will go take a peek!
~Ann

Controlling My Chaos said...

Neat stuff, Darlene. You are still the luckiest duck ever.