Monday, September 21, 2009

Jump Rope Workshop....

Saturday morning we headed out bright and early for a four hour jump rope workshop in Newcastle, Oklahoma. This was the team from Tyler, Texas that was working with the kids and helping to teach. They perform in competitions and were very good and fun to watch.
There were probably about 100 kids at the workshop along with their coaches/teachers. They had to stretch out before practicing new skills.

They grouped the kids by performance ability and then worked with them on new skills/stunts. I'll show you a couple of short videos of a couple of things Lexi was working on. The first one is really hard and called the "frog". You jump into double dutch ropes and then basically try to get in a push up position to jump the ropes. Even the very experienced ones miss on this (a lot). Click here. The next one is a new trick she learned during the workshop called the "toe". This is Lexi demonstrating before the crowd because as you all know she is not shy....AT ALL! Click here. Hope you enjoyed!

17 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow, such moves...makes my old legs hurt to just watch this.

Marilyn said...

Incredible. She is something. Love the new header

Marilyn said...

Saw where Lone Grove mayor's wife was on the news. Sad.

duchess said...

Fun, fun, fun.
She's so athletic - it's great.

Oh, I made the taco soup - delicious! Thanks.

Caren said...

I love Lexi! She's so cute and her jump rope skills never fail to amaze me! Go Lexi!

April said...

I REALLY want to do those tricks! Just one problem...I'm O-L-D!:) Way to go, Lexi...keep it up!!!

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

No she is NOT shy and she IS about the most cutest thing in the world!

I love how she is always looking towards you,making sure you see her. She is so blessed to have a mom that wants to be at these events with her. These are times she will take with her and remember forever.

Have a fab week friend!
Robin~♥

Sandy Toes said...

My daughter wants to try out for the jump rope team..we will see!
sandy toe

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

I bet she had so much fun! Lexi is such a good jump roper! That "frog" one looks really hard! It cracked me up when she jokingly "collapsed" on the floor at the end of trying it! :)

Christina said...

I am amazed at all she does. Looks like she loves it all.

We love taco soup. I'll have to put it on my menu again soon. Mmmm. My hubby made two pots of chili this weekend, so we have lots to eat on this week.

Judi said...

Hi Darlene
She did great! Great videos. So who is she after with not being shy? Like her mom or her dad...or both?
thank you for sharing
I'm glad you all had a great weekend.
Judi

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Darlene
It sounds like Lexi had a great time at the workshop. I couldn't get the videos to play. :C
I enjoyed seeing the pictures.
Lindsay
x

Heather said...

she is learning so much! love the videos. i wish i had her spunk :)

SmilingSally said...

That kid is AMAZING!

vintage girl at heart said...

shes a doll!!! love watching her do all of the tricks!!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Lexi is adorable. I know she keeps you busy! Love that taco soup in the post below!

Gretchen said...

Lexi looks great at jumping. She is amazing. You would know I have two left feet if I tried that.

Hugs,
Gretchen