Friday, January 29, 2010
Also, the birds have gone wild on and around the feeder. It has been so much fun watching them. All of them trying for a spot on the feeder and about a dozen on the ground under the feeder.
A lot of this has been going on inside the house!
Also, on my post dated Thursday.....I actually posted it this morning. I did a draft yesterday and (instead of auto posting like I normally do) waited until this morning when I woke up to see if I was going to post snow pictures at the top. It wasn't doing anything at the time, so I just told it to publish post thinking it would show Friday, at about 5:00 a.m. It didn't, it posted on the draft time (which was yesterday). So, none of you actually missed the Thursday post because it wasn't there until this morning (something new to learn each day☺).
Hope you are enjoying your day. We are sure enjoying looking at the beautiful snow.♥
Thursday, January 28, 2010
I have to share with you some more wonderful blogs and Etsy shops. This beautiful, glittered paper mache bunny is from Get Your Martha On. She MAKES these beauties with chocolate molds and even put a tutorial on her blog. It is absolutely adorable and I just love it!
Next is this adorable vintage looking hanging card. This is from Carla at Cosmogirl's Emporium. It is cute, CUTE. She has just re-opened her Etsy shop and has adorable cuties in it. Go take a look. Also, for her grand opening she gave away a mini Love garland kit to each person that commented that day.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Do you see her cute shirt? When we went shopping the other day, we ended up stopping at an Old Navy and saw this. What a PERFECT shirt to wear to sell conversation heart decorations!
Monday, January 25, 2010
- Monday - Easy Crock pot Chicken, scalloped potatoes, green beans (note: I am cooking a couple of extra chicken breasts to use in my Wednesday recipe)
- Tuesday - Taco Soup, cornbread
- Wednesday - Chicken macaroni casserole (new)
- Thursday - Mini shepherd's pies (new), corn, pork-n-beans
- Friday - Salmon rice puff (new), green beans, steamed veggies
- Saturday - leftovers / clean out fridge
- Sunday - leftovers / clean out fridge or eat out
Next, I'll give you my review of the three new items from last week. I didn't link to them again, but remember they are on my meal plan from Monday of last week.
1. Old-Bay Roasted Sweet Potatoes......they were just ok in my opinion. We had them with ham and that wasn't a good choice. I was having trouble with the old-bay seasoning (seafood type seasoning) being on "sweet" potatoes. I am used to sweet potatoes being....well, sweet! I am going to try them one more time at a later date with old-bay sauteed or grilled shrimp. I think that would be a better match. We will see.
2. Parmesan Chicken Fingers - Definitely delicious and simple to make!! They have a VERY strong Parmesan flavor though, so if you don't like much Parmesan flavor reduce the amount you use. I think this same recipe would work well with a packet of ranch dressing (seasoning) used in place of the Parmesan when you are making it. Lexi had a friend over that evening and after we all ate dinner, I put up the left-overs. They were in later and pigged out on the rest of the chicken. So, we will definitely keep this recipe.
3. Sausage, Broccoli & Noodles - Yuck! I ate a bowl of it but it will not be a keeper. I also had a hard time working with the turkey sausage......it is a less firm sausage that you have to take out of the casing and it was just grossing me out.
I hope you are all enjoying your Monday.♥
Friday, January 22, 2010
- Copy the image
- List 10 things that make you happy and try to do at least one of them today
- Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day
- Lexi's bright shiny smile
- cuddling with my animals
- taking pictures
- cooking (I can't believe how much I have been enjoying it!)
- my morning coffee with fat free hazelnut creamer
- reading magazines and books
- naps and/or just sleeping in a bit in the morning
- Peach tea
I'm not going to pass the award on to anyone as many aren't doing awards or tags anymore, but I want any of you feel free to take the award. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.♥
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
- Monday - Chili cheese hot dogs w/chips (This may move again, as Lexi is out of school and we are going shopping in Oklahoma City...FUN!!!!)
- Tuesday - Ham, Old-Bay Roasted Sweet Potatoes (new-recipe below), broccoli w/cheese
- Wednesday - Parmesan Chicken Fingers (new), green beans, rice-a-roni
- Thursday - leftovers
- Friday - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, salad, garlic bread
- Saturday - Sausage, Broccoli & Noodles (new-recipe below)
- Sunday - leftovers
Friday, January 15, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
There is already a bunch of recipes that look good which have been put in sleeves and now into the purple binder. I plan on posting my weekly menus on Monday's and linking up with I'm An Organizing Junkie. I'll let you know what recipe is new, and after I make it that week, I'll let you know if it is a keeper that you might want to try.
My menu this week is:
- Monday - Crockpot chicken, cheesy mashed potatoes, green beans
- Tuesday - Macaroni and cheese with ham mixed in
- Wednesday - Easy Chicken and Dumplings (New recipe)
- Thursday - Chili Cheese hot dogs with chips
- Friday - Tacos, Mexican rice and corn
- Saturday - Pizza
- Sunday - Leftovers or possibly another new recipe
With my (fairly recent) enjoyment of cooking, I think this is going to be a fun new challenge. I definitely hope to stick with it and hopefully by sharing it with all of you I will. Hope you are having a great day!♥
Monday, January 11, 2010
As always the girls were fun to watch. I tried to upload a video of one of Lexi's routines with four other girls but blogger wouldn't do it. So instead, here is a snippet of Lexi and a partner doing "The Wheel". They had been doing it for a while before Alan started filming but you can see a glimpse. You would think they would get tangled up but they don't.
Friday, January 8, 2010
I had to start all over, but as you can see I managed to do it right the next time! Lexi has another Mini-Society coming up fast so we are going to paint these, and use Valentine words on them. Hopefully, everyone will buy them for friends, family, boyfriends and girlfriends. I'll be sure to show you when we get them finished. Just had to to share my big DUH for yesterday though. Hope you all have a great weekend. Lexi will perform with her Jump-n-Jive group at Southeastern State University on Saturday night, and I hope to show you pictures on Monday.♥
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Hope you all are having a great start to the New Year. We are trying to get back in the swing of things around here. You know Lexi always has something going on and we are back to her theater group, dance, Jump-n-Jive and basketball.
Monday, January 4, 2010
In the midst of taking down all of the Christmas decorations and cleaning everything, Midnight found her mouse!!! She is one happy kitty and has been playing away. She especially loves to put it under the trashcan and then try to get it back out. Too cute!