- Monday - Easy Crock pot Chicken, scalloped potatoes, green beans (note: I am cooking a couple of extra chicken breasts to use in my Wednesday recipe)
- Tuesday - Taco Soup, cornbread
- Wednesday - Chicken macaroni casserole (new)
- Thursday - Mini shepherd's pies (new), corn, pork-n-beans
- Friday - Salmon rice puff (new), green beans, steamed veggies
- Saturday - leftovers / clean out fridge
- Sunday - leftovers / clean out fridge or eat out
Next, I'll give you my review of the three new items from last week. I didn't link to them again, but remember they are on my meal plan from Monday of last week.
1. Old-Bay Roasted Sweet Potatoes......they were just ok in my opinion. We had them with ham and that wasn't a good choice. I was having trouble with the old-bay seasoning (seafood type seasoning) being on "sweet" potatoes. I am used to sweet potatoes being....well, sweet! I am going to try them one more time at a later date with old-bay sauteed or grilled shrimp. I think that would be a better match. We will see.
2. Parmesan Chicken Fingers - Definitely delicious and simple to make!! They have a VERY strong Parmesan flavor though, so if you don't like much Parmesan flavor reduce the amount you use. I think this same recipe would work well with a packet of ranch dressing (seasoning) used in place of the Parmesan when you are making it. Lexi had a friend over that evening and after we all ate dinner, I put up the left-overs. They were in later and pigged out on the rest of the chicken. So, we will definitely keep this recipe.
3. Sausage, Broccoli & Noodles - Yuck! I ate a bowl of it but it will not be a keeper. I also had a hard time working with the turkey sausage......it is a less firm sausage that you have to take out of the casing and it was just grossing me out.
I hope you are all enjoying your Monday.♥