- Monday - Fishsticks, Kraft macaroni-and cheese, peas
- Tuesday - Taco Casserole (new recipe), cornbread
- Wednesday - Porcupine Meatballs, mashed potatoes, green beans
- Thursday - Zatarains Red Beans & Rice with kielbasa, biscuits
- Friday - Pizza Biscuit Bake (new recipe), salad
- Saturday - Leftovers /Clean out fridge
- Sunday - Leftovers /Clean out fridge
Next, the review of last week's new recipes:
Chicken Macaroni Casserole - Delicious, definitely a keeper. Easy to make and would be great if you have to take something for a Church dinner, family reunion, etc. I also froze two meals of this, and will let you know how it does when we thaw it, and use it for another meal.
Mini Shepherd Pies - YUM....we loved these and so did Lexi. I will tell you when Lexi likes my new recipes because she is a fairly picky eater. She is enjoying trying these new recipes though.
Salmon Rice Puff - YUCK - we definitely won't be having this again. We mixed in some mayonnaise just to get a portion down and threw away the rest.
Also, when we make recipes that are larger portions, I am starting to freeze portions so we can just take them out, thaw them and have a homemade meal. I saw the trick in a magazine to freeze things flat. The meal freezes and thaws faster and it takes up less space in your freezer. So, from my meal plan last week, I already have 5 frozen meals.