Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu for Feb. 22 - 28 and Reviews from Last Week...


Be sure to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for hundreds of other menu plans for the week.  Here is our menu this week.  For some reason this week I was having a hard time coming up with what I wanted to cook.  Reminder blue names are linked to a recipe.

  • Monday - Crockpot Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans (In case you notice we have this a lot on Mondays, it is because it is our BUSY night and I have to have something made that Lexi will eat plenty of.  I pick her up from school, we come directly home for her to eat.  Then she has her theater group and dance from 4:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.  After that, home for homework, shower and bed.) 

  • Tuesday - Taco Casserole (from freezer prev. made meal), cornbread

  • Wednesday - Fish Sticks, corn, carrots

  • Thursday - Parmesan Chicken Fingers, scalloped potatoes, baked beans

  • Friday - Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (new recipe), Steamers-Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots in cheese sauce

  • Saturday and Sunday - leftovers and/or out to eat 
Reviews of my new recipes from last week.

Our Perfect Zesty Chicken Tortilla Bake - We liked them.  They had a "different" taste from the Miracle Whip (the zesty part) but were very good.  I would also use more chicken chunked up.

Catalina Cranberry Chicken - It had a good flavor that was even better the next day.  Lexi ate a whole chicken breast (I just had to scrape off the chunks of cranberries).

Cheesy Green Bean Casserole - Good, but I didn't like the green beans I used.  They didn't have french style in my store and I didn't like the taste of the ones I bought.   I will try it again using different green beans. 

25 comments:

Lana said...

Sounds like a yummy menu planned for this week!

Marilyn said...

Sounds so good. The foods from last week look wonderful too. The Parmesan chicken is my pick. I hope we don't get snow tomorrow. It is time for it to warm up. We had so much rain yesterday. I hope your week goes well.

Libby said...

I always look forward to your reviews! I'm doing a crock-pot roast this morning! We have 530 karate which is a crazy time to try and fix supper! I have to make ahead so that Cade can eat when he gets home, then bath, homework and bed!
Happy Monday!
Libby

Amelia said...

Yummy meals ahead at your home!

Anything Fits a Naked Man said...

Mmmm, I'll be over on Wednesday!! LOL!

Thanks for the reviews, I also look forward to them!

Lisa & Gerald said...

mmmm sounds yummy.....Stay warm...Hugs...

jeanne said...

Good morning Darlene. I came over to check out your menu. It all sounds good and I like that you are using leftovers on your menu too. I love to cook big and have leftovers. In fact today I am making veggie soup from left over roast venison. We have a friend who keeps us supplied with venison once a year. All we pay is the processing. We both love venison and it is low in fat. Note: You do need to know how to cook it.

Have a wonderful day. Lexi doesn't like cranberries??? Smiling. Come visit the mountains!!!
Hugs xoxo, Jeanne

Kimberly said...

I am going to mak e the Beef Stroganoff on Friday. It all sounds great. I really like they you are continuing to do this. You keep me motivated.

HeathahLee said...

I need to go back and look up the Catalina Cranberry Chicken! :9

SmilingSally said...

Anything with cranberry added to it would taste marvelous!

Stacey said...

It all sounds yummy! You are so good to make a plan like this...especially to be realistic and include some eating out. Having a plan really helps me make sure I have the right groceries on hand. It's so easy to have a kitchen full of food and not be able to come up with a meal.

Stacey said...

Oh I wanted to tell you, I only buy Del Monte whole green beans. They are the best! Never any stems or weird things in there.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Darlene
Sounds like you will be eating well again this week. Your menus always sound great. Love the sound of that cinnamon pull apart bread too. Yummy.
Lindsay
x

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

I went to click on comments and before I could help myself I started drooling over the picture below of the pull apart bread...drooling on myself I tell ya'...hahaha. that and a cup of coffee would make me very happy right now. Love your choice of yummy meals for the week. I like how you use your left overs. Great ideas. Love the crock pot meal too. Have a great day.
Blessings,
Debbie

Katie said...

This all sounds so good, I am impressed.

Judi said...

Hi Darlene
Well I love chicken and I love cranberries so I'm going to have to try the cranberry chicken on.
All the pics you took look appetizing...great reviews.

I'll wait to see how this week goes. Great menu.

I hope you aren't getting crummy weather. We're having some kind of snowy rainy slushy stuff...we're supposed to bet a bunch of it for a chance. Keep warm..
Judi

Aleta said...

Is there any other soup you would recommend, other than the mushroom one? Greg refuses to eat mushrooms...

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Glad to hear the catalina chicken was good. I want to try that again. Everyone has those days/weeks where they don't feel like cooking.......
★Linda
I saw a recipe for flat roast chicken that sounds wonderful!

Lorrie said...

I sure wish I was eating at your house Darlene. Your dinner menus all sound so good to me. I love the weeks when I have it all planned out ahead of time.

Manuela@TPOH said...

Sounds like a good menu. I printed out the Crockpot Chicken recipe to try in a few weeks. Thanks! Saturday is always a busy day for me so I usually do something easy or in the crock pot that day.

Manuela

Carrie said...

oh everything looks so good!

Noni at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! We can have knitting101 anytime you make it to Tyler! LOL!

I'm going to try that cranberry chicken this week! Looks so good!

Rambling Girl said...

I am so loving your weekly menu and review of the new recipes...

Farm Chick Paula said...

Ooooh- I can't wait to hear how the new recipe turns out, Darlene... slow cooker stroganoff sounds wonderful. (And easy, too!) Thanks for the review of the chicken tortilla bake- I love trying new recipes but only if someone else tries them out before I do! *giggle*

Anonymous said...

My first test blog.
my first test blog
[url=http://tboardu.blog.hr] my first test blog [/url]