Be sure to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for hundreds of menu plans for the week.
Monday - Slow Cooked Beef Stroganoff (you know this is a favorite), noodles, green beans and leftover biscuits
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken, mashed potatoes, baked beans
Wednesday - We are going to a concert (one of Lexi's Birthday Presents). I'll let you know who later. Eat out.
Thursday - (Breakfast for Dinner) - Ham and Hash Browns (new recipe below), fruit, biscuits
Friday - Chicken Soft Tacos (new recipe below), refried beans and/or mexican rice, chips and dip
Saturday - leftovers
Easter Sunday - Glazed Ham, Pineapple Sweet Potatoes (new recipe below), green beans, cupcakes
Review of the Tuna Noodle Skillet (from two weeks ago) - I didn't do a picture this time but I won't make it again. It was just very blah to us and didn't have much flavor. So, not a keeper here.
This is a picture of my new soft cover cookbook FIX-IT and FORGET-IT 5-ingredient slow-cooker recipes. This is where all my new recipes this week come from.
Remember each of these three recipes is for your slow-cooker.
Ham and Hash Browns
32-oz. pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes
2 cups cubed cooked ham
2-oz. jar diced pimiento, drained
10 3/4 oz. can cheddar cheese soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. pepper (optional)
1. Combine potatoes, ham, and pimiento in slow cooker.
2. Combine soup, milk and pepper (if desired) in a bowl. Mix well and pour over potato mixture. Stir.
3. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Chicken Soft Tacos
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
14 1/2-oz. can low-sodium diced tomatoes with green chilies
1-oz. envelope low-sodium taco seasoning mix
1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker
2. Combine tomatoes and taco seasoning mix in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on high 1 hour and then on low 4 to 6 hours.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and chop. Serve in soft tortillas. Top with salsa, low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, and fresh tomatoes.
Pineapple Sweet Potatoes
10-oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
40-oz. can unsweetened yams, drained
1. Spray interior of slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Combine pineapple and brown sugar in slow cooker. Add yams.
3. Cover and cook on low 2 to 4 hours or until heated through.
Tip: This recipe can be doubled easily. Just remember to allow extra time for it to heat, perhaps an additional hour.
Hope you have a wonderful Monday. On Wednesday, I'll show you Lexi's last Mini Society project and I'll let you know what concert we will be going to.♥