Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu for April 26 - May 2 and Review of Last Week's New Recipe.....

Be sure to visit I'm an Organizing Junkie for hundreds of other menu plans for the week.  Names in blue have a recipe linked or listed below (remember you can click on the recipe to enlarge it).  This menu may not be followed very well this week because Lexi will be in her end of year production (recital) for her Broadway Kids, a song/dance type group.  Wednesday night is the dress rehearsal and they will perform Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.  My parents were going to come in town this past weekend, but changed to this coming weekend, so they can see her perform. 

  • Monday - crockpot chicken, rice-a-roni, green beans

  • Tuesday - Corny Salmon Cakes (new recipe), mashed potatoes, broccoli with cheese

  • Wednesday - Mexican Cornbread (recipe below), refried beans, chip and dip

  • Thursday - Peach Chicken (new recipe below), pasta, salad

  • Friday - eat out

  • Saturday - Fruited Tuna Salad Pitas ( new recipe below), chips

  • Sunday - leftovers or eat out
Mexican Cornbread (I don't remember this recipe but I have easy & good marked on it)
1 cup grated cheese
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 can cream style corn
1 can diced green chilies
1 can Rotel chilies and tomatoes (reg, mild or hot)
1 lb browned hamburger, drained
2 eggs

Mix hamburger, rotel, green chilies and set aside.  Mix 1 egg, 1/2 can cream style corn and 1 box Jiffy mix (if thick add a little milk).  Spread in 13 x 9 cake pan.  Spread hamburger and cheese over that.  Then mix (again) 1 egg, rest of the cream style corn and 1 box Jiffy mix.  Spread that over the top and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.

 
Review of last weeks new recipe. 
Easy Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers - Another one that is not a keeper.  I will stick with our favorite recipe for Stuffed Peppers here.  It takes a while to make but is well worth it. 

20 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like ya'll have a busy week ahead of you! Enjoy your parents visit!

Marilyn said...

The menu sounds great. Good luck to Lexi on her production. She will do great and I can't wait to see the pictures. Enjoy this weather.

Amelia said...

Sounds tasty...good luck to Lexi in her part of the recital... also enjoy the time with your parents.

duchess said...

The recipes look yummy. Hope you enjoy this busy week you have planned & good luck to Lexi.

Kerin said...

Sounds like another week of good eating at your home.
Best of luck to Lexi!
Have a great visit with your parents and I think it's terrific that they can see Lexi perform !
Hope you have a wonderful day.

Joanna said...

Makes me hungry just reading it!

Julie Harward said...

Break a let Lexi...she'll be great! Thanks for the good ideas here too...have a good week! Come say hi :D

Heather said...

that mexican cornbread sounds delicious!

Carrie said...

The menu looks so good! I love mexican cornbread!!! Good luck this week its sounds like a busy one

Carrie

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Hi Darlene~
Your menu sounds delicious! :) I hope that this week goes well! Lexi is going to do a wonderful job, I know!

I wanted to tell you I made the pulled chicken soft tacos you posted on a few weeks ago on your weekly menu, and they were a BIG hit! Everyone loved them! :)

I hope you have a beautiful day!

Lindsay-ann said...

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead Darlene. I wish Lexi good luck with her production. Hope you will share some pictures later.
Lindsay
x

Rambling Girl said...

Indeed it will be a busy week for you and Lexi! Enjoy your time and her program.

Can't wait to see how those corny salmon patties are...I am going to have to try those...we love salmon patties but this would be a different twist.

Nola @ the Alamo said...

My mouth is watering at the thought of Mexican Cornbread, yum! Good luck to Lexi!

Christina said...

oh, yum. Mexican cornbread. It has been awhile, I will have to make up some beans or dip and make some.

My favorite "stuffed" pepper recipe is a skillet recipe where you don't actually stuff the peppers, but it tastes like them. It is called "Almost Stuffed Peppers" on All Recipes. Yummy. I do tweak it by using brown rice and adding lots of black pepper, but it is yummy!

Shelia said...

HI Darlene! I remember those days of being so busy when my children were younger! But having your meals already planned is such a bonus! I really did do this at one time. This recipe sounds delish!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

Mmmm, peach chicken, that sounds good!
~Michelle

Lana said...

Sounds like a great menu!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

The Mexi-cornbread sounds really good. Lexi will be great but bushed. Enjoy this week. ★ Linda

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Gook luck, dear Lexi. We can't wait to see all the pics your mom will take. :-D
M.L.

Ramona said...

Hi there...and all I can say is ~ YUM! Best of luck to Lexi...how fun and I hope you have a great time with your parents.

Have a great day....I'll be over later to share some of that cornbread...I'll bring the chips!

Smiles ~ Ramona