Monday, June 28, 2010

High School Musical 2 Jr. (Summer Play)....

This past weekend it was time to perform High School Musical 2 Jr. and there were four performances.  This is the third summer play that Lexi has been in and she had a blast.  She was a "Sharpette" which is one of Sharpays (the rich, spoiled girl) clique.  In the final dress rehearsal we were allowed to video the songs, but they said we were not allowed to publish it on YouTube, Facebook or anywhere or the company could get sued. I hate that because the songs were great and the dancing so CUTE.  Anyway, this was "What Time Is It".  Lexi is in the black shorts and she and another cheerleader did a back handspring across the stage after the song. 
These are a few of the scenes with the Sharpettes.  In the first picture Lexi had air kissed Sharpay (played by the girl in pink) and announced "Now that you are here the summer can start"!!!! 
These are the Sharpettes doing one of the dances.  There were 8 of them and 3 of them had lines.  Lexi had the most lines :) or actions of this group.  Here they were singing "You Are The Music In Me".
I videoed most of this called Humu Humu.  I will be getting some other pictures from the professional photographer that I will share with you later.  This was a "rehearsal" of a song that they were practicing for the summer talent show that is part of the play.  Everyone LOVED this because it was such an animated and fun song! 
Another scene where the Sharpettes were out with Sharpay.  They were out on stage quite a bit through the play.
Singing the finale song "All For One".
Sharpettes curtain call (taking a bow).
The play was so GREAT and they had fabulous directors.  A lot of hard work, but there are a lot of talented kids in this town.  Lexi will start rehearsals for another summer play called Let's Make a Musical on July 12th.  This is a play where the kids will actually work with a (different) director and write an original play, then perform in it.  This is the first time Lexi will do this play.  We have gone to this play the past two summers and the plays have been wonderful.  I look forward to what they come up with for this one.   

19 comments:

Lorrie said...

How fun for Lexi Darlene. I just love musicals. I think it's so great when young people get to take part in plays and musicals. It is hard work, but they have a good time,learn so much, and make new friends. It's fun to see these pictures. I hate that you can't share the music, but I know the copyright laws are strict.

duchess said...

That sounds like a blast! I love the High School Musical series & wish we could see the video versions. Glad she's enjoying her stage time.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Darlene, this looks like it was a lot of fun! Lexi is always so adorable in her pictures. Loved seeing these.

XO,

Sheila :-)

vintage girl at heart said...

How wonderful!!
I would have loved to see this too!
Love musicals and plays..some of my best High School memories are being in plays!!!
I bet we see Miss Lexi on Broadway one day!! She is such a talented young lady!!

We are finally getting rain here today..thank goodness how 'bout you??

JEANNE said...

Good morning Darlene, I LOVE this post about the play and the parts Lexi played in it. The Sharpettes are all darling. it is no surprise to me that Lexi gets the most lines. I know you are so proud of her. One day she will be a star and I will say, " I knew her when." Smile. I love the photos and would have been thrilled if I could see the play. You are a terrific mom to encourage her and make sure she is always where she needs to be for 'all' the events she is involved with.

I will be looking forward to the next big play she is doing. Good for her.

Hugs, Jeanne

Ramona said...

Good Morning My Friend ~

Fun, fun, fun! Lexi looks like she is having a blast. The High School Musical movies are well written and great fun for all. I can almost hear the music while looking at your pictures.

I hope that you are staying cool and enjoying your summer....it looks like you are.

Have a great week.

Smiles ~ Ramona

SmilingSally said...

Darlene, Lexi is having the BEST childhood. You couldn't be a better mother!

Kerin said...

What a great experience for Lexi!
One of these days, we'll see her name in lights :)
She's a great little gal!!!

Laura said...

I love that Lexi stays so active in the summer - have fun!

Julie Harward said...

You are going to have withdrawals when she leaves home...I know because I did. My daughters were in these kinds of things too, one took state in drama and the other sang the lead in a production..it is just so much fun to see then bloom! Lexi get cuter by the minute! :D

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Darlene
Jessica and I enjoyed these pictures so much. It would have been great to have watched it too but never mind. We both love High School Musical. Lexi looks adorable and a perfect Sharpette!
The Let's Make It A Musical sounds fun. We look forward to hearing all about it.
Lindsay & Jessica
xx

Southern Fried Gal said...

How fun that Lexi likes drama and has a program to support her. Fun stuff!

Noni at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Watch out Broadway!! I know you are so proud of Lexi, Darlene! When Amanda would dance, etc (24+ years ago) I would be so proud that tears would just be streaming down my face (embarrasing) and my heart would feel so full that it might burst! When I see your photos of Lexi and read about her performances, I delight for the joy you must feel! Enjoy every moment of it!! Hugs ~ Noni

Carol said...

Lexi is so talented! It's wonderful that she has opportunities to perform.

Smiles,
Carol

Shelia said...

Oh, Darlene! What a wonderful time your little Lexi is having! I've said it before - she's so talented! She's as pretty as a picture too! This shows how very disciplined she is, even with having all the fun!
Thanks for sharing these sweet moments with us.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

dana said...

WOW! That looks like fun!! Your girl has talents in so many areas....I know you are very proud of her!!

Thanks for all of the photos....brings back fun summer memories from when my kiddos were youngsters! L, Dana

Judi said...

Hi Darlene
Great for Lexi! Writing their own play too. What a great experience for her again and another special moment for you...
Wonderful pictures.
*hugs*
Judi

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

What a great way to spend the summer! Lexi always looks like she is having the best time.
I was thinking about Lexi yesterday-Taylor Swift's cousin (Tia) is a good friend of my son Timmy's and hangs out at my house alot. I guess Tia hangs with Taylor a bunch, because of course, their family! Timmy says there are bunches of pictures of Tia and Taylor together at Tia's house.
We told Tia we have a celebrity cousin too (Sage Erickson) She was in the movie Blue Crush and is one of the top female surfers in the world~ I don't think she was impressed~! LoL!

Christina said...

What fun for Lexie. How wonderful that you have all of this great stuff for her to be apart of.

I'm catching up on your blog as I haven't been able to be around blogs much the last few weeks. Looks like a great summer so far. It goes so fast.