Thursday, July 15, 2010

Exciting News To Share......

You remember when I told you Lexi would be starting play practice again.  It is for "Let's Make A Musical" and the whole play, along with the songs, is written totally by kids (with a director that is in from New York) helping them.  The same two that choreographed High School Musical 2 (her last play) are doing the choreograph for this play.  The play has now been written and cast AND Lexi has a LEAD  ROLE!!!!!!  There are only 15 kids in the show and they are through high school age.  She is playing the part of "Evelyn Goode" (Evil and Good)....get it???   She is a good (and evil) witch and the host of  the show.  We have been working away.  She has play practice four hours a day and we are running lines at home.  She has A. LOT. OF. LINES. and a solo! 
Lexi will be the first one out (the host) to start the show and I thought I would share her first lines so you all know what the play will be about.

Good evening, one and all!  Over the course of this groundbreaking television event, seven strangers from across our fairy tale realm will be brought together to compete for the opportunity of a lifetime.  We will watch them live, laugh, fight, and maybe even fall in love as they struggle for their hearts' desire:  a chance to say goodbye to their lives in this world and start afresh in that peculiar and fantastic land we've all heard of called "the real world."  I, renowned actress and benevolent witch extraordinaire Evelyn Goode, will be your host and your guide through the strange and thrilling lives of these seven unique individuals as they compete for a ticket to reality.  So, without any further ado, let's meet our contestants!  First off, let's get to know Mildred, the not-quite-beautiful princess.

The play is SOOO good and is going to be so funny.......I'm excited for her!!!  It opens the end of this month!  We have a lot of work to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!♥

33 comments:

Lorrie said...

Congratulations to Lexi--that's fabulous--what a great opportunity! I bet you'll know all her lines too Darlene by the time the play opens! Can't wait to see some pictures from rehearsals.

Amelia said...

So exciting - it will be hard work but I am sure Lexi will again prove she is up to the task.

Kammy said...

Congrats to Lexi and one proud mama !
Have fun !
Kammy

Libby said...

That is wonderful news!! She should be so proud! Good Luck to her. I was be a mess if I had to remember that first paragraph..much less a whole play!

duchess said...

How exciting! Congratulations to your Broadway star in the making. Enjoy every minute.

Life is good! said...

congrats lexi! you go girl, break a leg(not really) and have fun doing it!

Laura said...

Oh, how exciting for Lexi! Congratulations on the big part, and good luck with all the memorization!

Kerin said...

Wow! How fun for you Lexi!
What a great experience this will be!! We will all be cheering you on :)
Have a fun day, and practice, practice, practice :)

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Awww!!! How exciting! A big congrats to Lexi. What a fabulous experience she'll have as the lead role.

Way to go, Lexi! :o)

Diana said...

Wow! Congrats to Lexi. This will be so fun.

Nancy said...

OH my!!! Congrats to Lexi!!! Nancy

Shelia said...

WooHoo! Congratulations to Lexi! This is just marvelous, Darlene! What a wonderful time you're little daughter is having. She's making some wonderful memories for the both of you! Can't wait to follow the saga! I know you're so proud!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

jennykate77 said...

I LOVE it!! Congrats to Lexi!!!! I wish I could see it! Can't wait to hear all about it. When will the performances be?

Joanna said...

That is fantastic! And so exciting! Yay for Lexi. I know she has got to be ecstatic!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! Congratulations, Lexi!! We can't wait to see the costume, the hair-do, pics from the practices and the actual play... Fun times ahead! :-D

Lindsay-ann said...

That's wonderful news. Congratulations Lexi.
Lindsay
x

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

If Lexi keeps this up Taylor Swift is going to be standing in line to get HER autograph!!!!

Congratulations to Lexi~ I know she is going to do fantastic!!!

Robin~♥

Julie Harward said...

YAY for Lexie...I am so proud of her! She will be fantastic! I have sung the leads in may productions and I know how much work it all is...tell her that I said that I know she can do it! :D

Ramona said...

Hi there Darlene ~

WOW! This is exciting news...and how FUN! They made the right choice in choosing Lexi...congratulations!!!! Like Lorrie...I will be anxiously waiting for pictures from the show.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer...have a great weekend too.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Lana said...

Way to go, Lexi! That is awesome! She will do great! You must be so proud!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my goodness Darlene! I am SO excited for her! So, so excited : )

What a great thing to do over Summer vacation. I wish I lived close so I could come and see her! It sounds AWESOME! I know you are a super proud Mommy!

vintage girl at heart said...

WOW!!! I know you are one proud Mama and I bet Lexi is just over the moon excited!!!
When is the show??
Maybe Joles & I can come down for it if the date works out!!!

Noni at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations to Lexi! I am excited for both of you, Darlene! I know you are so proud!

Evelyn Goode is such a clever name!

Carol said...

No surprise here!! She must take after her mama!!! Congratulations Lexi AND Mom!!! xoxoxoxox

HeathahLee said...

So excited for her! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Jenni said...

Oh, congratulations to Lexi on the play! I know she is going to do a great job! :)

I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow Darlene! I'm so happy for you and Lexi must be over the top with excitement. I love this. She is so talented and we are going to enjoy the whole process...with blogging you can bring it all to us! Yipeeee! I love it.
We have all our kids home for one week...so I haven't blogged too much but I'm happy cooking and doing lots of dishes! Hahahaha...
Talk soon.
Blessings,
Debbie

Caren said...

Hi Darlene! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm so excited for Lexi, all these theater programs she attends sound awesome and bring back such special memories for me.

I love that you are excited to embark on a weight loss journey. Although I think you look great in your pictures, if you want to lose weight that's what's important. I'm glad I have been inspiring to you, I feel really great. If I can help you in any way, please, let me know.

Judi said...

Now mom...did YOU say all of that off by heart? You might be able because you've been practising so much. That is very exciting. She will have lots of work to do. How lucky she is to have so much support from you to help inspire her to do all this. Its so good for her...and she is so good for it.
Congrats!
have a great day
Judi

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

That is so exciting, what an amazing opportunity this is for her!! You must be beaming with pride!!
Go Lexi!
~Michelle

Marilyn said...

How great! So proud of Lexi1 She is just so good at everything! I know the play will be such fun. Amazing it is written by kids. Enjoy!

Michelle said...

WAY TO GO LEXI!!!! I bet she is sooo excited! Be sure to tell her to "break a leg"!!

Dawn said...

Congratulations to Lexi. You must be very proud of her! The play sounds very interesting. I wish her luck!

take care,
Dawn