Friday, July 30, 2010

Pictures from Ticket to the Real World.....

Here are some pictures from the play.  It is FABULOUS!!  Funny, yet with a message.....excellent writers which were all kids from the ages of 11 - 17.  Lexi was not a writer but just performed in the play.  These first two are before the play started and practicing a lift performed during her solo.  
Very basic stage so the "stars" shine!!!  You can click and enlarge this photo to see the characters.  I have put their names beside them.
The girl kneeling is the camera person.  This is played like it is a show on TV so when "Evelyn" the witch (Lexi) is on stage she is usually there "filming".  This is during a vote off scene.  The fairy tale misfits are voting off members to try to get to the "real world".  Kind of like a scenario from Big Brother.  They also do a confession booth....FUNNY! 
Hmmmm, there is a problem because they are trying to vote off someone that Evelyn doesn't want voted off.
A scene with the guards (that are part of Evelyn's staff) are holding Tito the world's smallest giant.
Opening night was last night and WOW they all did even better than rehearsal.  It is the excitement of the audience.   My parents got into town late last night and can't wait to go see her tonight.  I bet they will want to go to ALL of the shows!   Lexi did a great job on her solo and I'll share that video with you on Monday.  Hope you all enjoy your weekend.  You know what we will be doing.....♥

18 comments:

Amelia said...

I know you all are so excited...I would be if it were my daughter!

"Break a leg" - for Lexi!

Marilyn said...

How cute. Kids are just so creative these days. Love that play's story. Lexi is so cute too! I know she is loving this. Glad your parents will get to see it. I look forward to the video. Enjoy!

Libby said...

This looks like so much fun!!! and such a cute group of kids!! Enjoy the show!
Libby

duchess said...

Love the pictures - sounds fun.
Enjoy your weekend.

Sweet Tea said...

A STAR is born!
Drama is good for kids.
A what a great opportunity to applaude what they are doing!!

Nana said...

Those things are always so fun.

JEANNE said...

Hi Darlene, I would so love to see Lexi in her play. It looks like it would be so entertaining. Can't wait to see your video.

I am very pleased to have my oldest daughter here for several days. We are having a great visit in spite of her shoulder surgery. She is doing pretty well. It is painful though.
Right now she is visiting my sister who lives behind me. I know they are having fun and I am glad.

Have a wonderful time with your parents and viewing the play.
Hugs, Jeanne

Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow said...

Awesome, Darlene!!!!!! Enjoy!

Kerin said...

Seriously some talented kids !
We will be cheering from the sidelines :)
Have a wonderful weekend....and 'break a leg' :)

Julie Harward said...

I know just how you felt...I felt the same way as my daughter sang the lead in a high school musical! Lexi is such a beauty! :D

Judi said...

Hi Darlene
Those are great pictures...what an exciting weekend you have planned.
I know your parents must be so excited to see it! Good for Lexi. Can't wait to see more and watch the video.
have a great weekend.
Judi

JEANNE said...

Hello Darlene, thank you for your sweet comments about our daughter. She is enjoying the comments so much. The well wishes have surprised her. She doesn't realize how wonderful our blogger friends are does she? Smile.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Jeanne

Eloise said...

What cute pictures! It looks like Lexi had a great time and that her play was a roaring success.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so proud of her, Darlene, and I can't wait to see the video of her solo. She is something else! And that last shot of her looks SO grown up. She's growing up before our very eyes, and she is so lovely.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Shelia said...

Hi Darlene! Oh, I'm sure this was so wonderful! Lexi is just darling and I know your folks are going to eat this up! What a great time Lexi has and I know you're proud of her.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

HeathahLee said...

It looks like they are having a blast with it! I know you are so proud of her!

Laura said...

Loved the video - she is a star!

Ramona said...

Hey there!

WOW...great pictures! Lexi looks like such a professional. And, it really looks like she is having a great time.

I am now off to watch the video.

Have a great week.

Smiles ~ Ramona