Friday, July 2, 2010

Wii - Just Dance......

I think I've found a new way to exercise!  This is too much FUN!  I think I like it so much because it has rock, pop, disco songs (some favorites!!!) and some newer hip hop songs.  You watch the screen, the moves are shown across the bottom, and you follow along with the dancer for points.  It is rated E10+ for some of the lyrics.  We just got it yesterday and Lexi and I did it together for about 30 minutes and I worked up quite a sweat!  Of course, Lexi is GREAT at it.  I was really surprised that I actually beat Lexi on one of the songs we did....go me!!!!     
You can play with up to four people.  This was with a friend she had over yesterday.  Dancing away!
Here are some of the songs in case you want to check it out:

U Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men
Le Freak - Chic
I Like to Move It - Reel 2 Reel
I Get Around - The Beach Boys
Ring My Bell - Anita Ward
Louie Louie - Iggy Pop
Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
Girls And Boys - Blur
Jerk It Out - Caesars
Fame - (In the style of Irene Cara)
Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
That's The Way (I Like It) - KC And The Sunshine Band
Heart Of Glass - Blondie
Kids In America - Kim Wilde
Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America
Funplex - The B-52's
Plus Many More.........

Hope you are having a great Friday!♥  

12 comments:

Lana said...

Too cute! I bet it is great exercise!

Lorrie said...

I've heard great things about this Darlene. I am all for anything that helps me burn more calories and stay in shape. I hope you have a blast with this.

Happy July 4th to you and your family!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Aren't they cute! And they are so into it. Glad you found this as I can tell someone is going to enjoy it a lot!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Marilyn said...

That looks like F U N !!
Great exercise too. Ryne got a Wii for his birthday and we got him a Tony Hawk skateboard game. He is having fun. Enjoy your holiday!

Joanna said...

We love playing the Wii together...this looks like a lot of fun! We may have to pick this up.

mysteryhistorymom said...

My girls would LOVE this! (Me too!) I'll have to look into get it! Lori

Ramona said...

Hi there Darlene ~

Too fun!!!!! I want to play...dance! Great exercise and great memories.

I hope you are staying cool and having a wonderful summer. Talk to you soon my Friend.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Rachel said...

Great minds think alike!!! WE just got this game on Monday and my 5 kids LOVE LOVE it!!! I was going to blog about it too! Hope you don't mind!

:)Rachel

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

HI Darlene, how fun! This looks like a lot of fun...a little sweat and some fast music is a great way to burn calories. Hope you have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Debbie

Libby said...

Great Songs Darlene!!

Judi said...

Hi Darlene
You DO get a great workout with the wii. I don't have one but I know some people who really love it and do work out with it...but you have to be careful because you could hurt yourself if you overdue it.

Fun...Happy 4th!!
*hugs*
Judi

Lisa & Gerald said...

Wii is so cool....Hope you are enjoying your long weekend..Hugs...